4.2 and 4.3 incompatible? Vendor says so.

drolf

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I am coming to lay this request at the feet of the greater knowledge of the forums here.

We have to use a set of vendor libraries in our apps that allow them to connect thru our servers running the vendor's software into our corporate data on the back end. We are running an older version and currently working at installing the current version while skipping over two. The app compiles and runs fine on an HTC One, an S3 or an S4 running 4.2, but when loaded onto any of them running 4.3 the app crashes when attempting to utilize the vendor libraries.

The vendor (sales rep, not engineer) has claimed that this is due to the significant differences between them, and cannot be fixed. This just does not seem like it would be the case to me, but I am not as knowledgeable on the Android core as y'all, so I wanted to see what the general consensus was and what differences they might be saying would be causing this.

Thanks!

DRolf

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
As far as I know there really isn't much of a difference (API wise) from 4.2 to 4.3. Now, if we were talking about 4.3 to 4.4, then yes, I would agree with the vendor. But, the changes were somewhat minor for 4.2-4.3.

However, I can run this by a few people and see what they say.