i don't want to update to 4.4 kitkat!

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi... My moto G keeps telling me to update to kitkat. Is there anyway I can stop this? I love how everything is with 4.3 :)

Posted via Android Central App

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
for my sgs4 I waited till my bat was low then open the update window then held the home key to prompt task manager from there I went app info (long hold over update app window) then cleared data and cache then unchecked the notify me and disabled it. I'm not sure if there the same or not.

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
for my sgs4 I waited till my bat was low then open the update window then held the home key to prompt task manager from there I went app info (long hold over update app window) then cleared data and cache then unchecked the notify me and disabled it. I'm not sure if there the same or not.

Okay thanks. Will try that :)

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks. Will try that :)

was checking in to see if this worked for you. If not just hold tight as I'm going to flash back to stock MDC and will have to block notify crap so ill wright down my steps just in case I may have left something out. I don't use apps to hide it waste of space.

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks!!
And saddly no. It didnt stop it.. And for some reason instead of downloading the update, it now said install.. So I think it downloaded by itself :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks!!
And saddly no. It didnt stop it.. And for some reason instead of downloading the update, it now said install.. So I think it downloaded by itself :(

I know you said you didn't want the update, but how is it going?

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
update screen.jpgframe work.jpg
Okay thanks!!

yeah you want it to be already downloaded did you make sure that you didn't have enough bat to do the update right?

Last edited:

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even try to update, I was just postponing everything.. And when i tried recent apps/long press/app info, Took me to Motorola Ota. Instead of Google service framework

yagnesh_shenoy

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even try to update, I was just postponing everything.. And when i tried recent apps/long press/app info, Took me to Motorola Ota. Instead of Google service framework

Hi Victor I'm facing the same problem, please let me know if you find a way for this, And don't clear data on the "Google Framework Services", its a bad idea; because it deletes all your session id kind of thing, so you stop getting your regular app notifications as well as Google app notifications. check for reference Google engineer explains why you shouldn’t clear Google Services Framework data | TalkAndroid.com

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante