keep being told to log into "Samsung Account" after 4.3 update

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 yesterday.

Nothing's been the same. I actually like the previous formats for almost every app and widget better.
The most annoying and debilitating has to be a random page that pops up that says "you need to periodically log in to your 'Samsung Account'"
It displays my email on the top and provides a space to type in a password.....that I don't have at all. At first I thought it was legit, but I'm not so sure anymore and I don't know how to get rid of it,...I can't even find the bad app or route that this thing came from.

On an unrelated note, the email just became more of a mess and there's no option to check for the SPAM folder.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You need to stop worrying, its not a bug/malware/virus...the solution is as simple, you need to create a Samsung account. Just like some phones produced with Google, and you have to create an account with them, some Samsung phones will prompt you to create an a Samsung account. The account keeps track of the apps in your device and notifies you when an update is needed. There's also a possibility that you had some apps downloaded from Samsung apps store which come with every Samsung device for this reason, you will also need to create an account so that the settings and preferences you had, can be moved into the phone's system.

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, did you already have a Samsung account that you used previously on the phone? I have never had a Samsung account on my s3 and really have no use for one. My s3 has never asked me to login to a Samsung account but I have a few Samsung apps disabled in the application manager, including Samsung Push Service, so that may be why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith