Galaxy S2 official downgrade from ICS to GB

ala slipknot

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I stupidly did the same mistake again by updating my S2 from GingerBread to IceCreamSandwitch without calibrating the horizontal accelerometere, and now unfortanatly i cannot find the official GB firmware for my S2 .
Anyone could help me about that please ?
(if you have a better solution that will fix my accelerometer i will really appreaciate it cause now when i play games like " Trial ", when the phone is in the "normal" position the rider is always going back so i have to rotate the phone about 15 degrees to the right in order to be "normal" )

thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked at Samsung updates .com? A big problem with a lot of the site that have ROM libraries is they used Hotfile, which shut down a few months ago. These sites are now frantically rebuilding their libraries.

ala slipknot

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at Samsung updates .com? A big problem with a lot of the site that have ROM libraries is they used Hotfile, which shut down a few months ago. These sites are now frantically rebuilding their libraries.

Thank you, but i tried Samsung-updates and samfirmwares, the results contain just a differnet version of 4.1 and 4.0

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been searching and haven't found anything useful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ala slipknot

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I found something that has the stock firmwares. A few of them are 2.3.x ROMs, but they vary by country. Good luck :)
[ROM/KERNEL/MODEM] GT-I9100 - Latest Stock Firmwares - Direct Links - Torrents - xda-developers

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Unfortanatly the links i checked are offline plus the OP is suspended from XDA so i cannot trust his links, the good news is that i found this website : AndroidFirmwares.net - News and am downloading this firmware the bad news is that i have no idea where to find the .pit file any help please ?

UPDATE :
Thank you very much, changing the cable solved the issue below this, the phone is back to stock again using links i mentioned above (i just needed the firmware file into the PDA section of Odin)
just in case someone face this,
i got a SplashScreen loop (my SplashScreen is changed from TIM {italian operator} to the default samsung wich is another victory for me )
anyway,
that was simply solved by booting into recovery mode and wipe all data

another problem is that Samsung Kies doesn't detect new update anymore, i think that is because i only used PDA in Odine ?
i'll have to update with Odine again (it take less time than kies anyway...) but if you know the reason why please share with me :)

EDIT:
it seems that i only need to select the downloaded firmware from the PDA button and press start in Odin so i tried that and i got this error :
"Can't open the serial(COM) port."

And since kies is completely closed and am 100% that i have the USB direver installed (phone detected and i've done that before)
i am going to assume that my cable or my ports are the cause of the problem, if you have a better suggestion please illuminate me, otherwise i'll try with different cable/PC tonight and keep you updated, lastly i REALLY hope that an expert android developer or maybe someone that can spread this problem for more people cause it is VERY annoying to have to do this for such a minor problem just because the OS developers have forgot or didn't want to allow us to adjust all the phone sensors ...
Note that after this downgrade, i will have to upgrade again and restore all my previous data,setting, apps again... and that is a real painful waste of time >_< !!!

thank you

Last edited: