I uninstalled the google play store. How do I get it back?

EnSlavingBlair

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Like a couple of other people on this forum, a couple of months ago I was getting the "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" error. Drove me nuts, couldn't use my phone for anything useful what-so-ever. I tried everything the others seem to try on their own, and nothing worked. However, unlike the other smart people, I did not turn to the internet for advice and instead somehow managed to uninstall google play. I didn't even know I could do that, but I accidentally found a way.

Problem is, I need to dl apps. So I need google play back. Anyone know how to do that? And I'm not down with the computing lingo, so if possible could you please explain it in simple terms? :D

Cheers,
Teresa

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even know that was possible. Have you tried restoring back to factory settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

James Burkhart

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently fixed my playstore that I idiotically unistalled you need to download an app *Requires root sorry non rooted people* the app is called system/app/mover and find google play store then you want to convert it to a system app from user app and you will be all set hope this helps guys. This was 24 hours of stress and frustration. Also you can find playstore versions for your phone or tablet on xda's website

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton