My Android Phone...Jelly Bean 4.2, sms wont show even the persons name from phonebook ?

plainman007

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have an android phone with Jelly Bean 4.2 OS.

When i go into the sms application. The list of sms threads doesnt even show the name of the person, it only shows their mobile number even though their name and number is saved in my phone book list. This seems like such a handicapp, with all the boasting of Android etc, i have to still see a thread and identify from the message content whom this might have been or i have to see the number only which is shown and use my supermemory powers to recollect whose number it is from my phone book.

Im just wondering if something is wrong with my phone or this is supposed to be an entertainment feature to quiz the users mind.

Regards

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the cache in the messaging app. Settings>Apps>Swipe over to all apps>scroll down to messaging>click clear cache.

plainman007

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks. I tried that. But still doesnt work. Tried hard resetting the phone to factory settings. Still no luck.

Should i erase the phone storage, because there seem to be many folder created with saved system settings i guess ?

Regards

plainman007

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
On a side note, when i enter into the Messaging app. The list of all sms threads have only numbers shown, though the numbers are stored in my phone-book with names to them. But when i open each individual thread (conversation / list of all messages to and fro to one particular number, inside the thread it shows the name of the person) but when outside the thread view, where it shows each conversation grouped as one message, there it shows only the numbers. Which means i have to open each conversation thread and hit back just to locate a particular persons sms thread. I dont know if im explaining this right but these things are so finicky to explain also unless you see it occurring.

Whatever it is, its a blatant blunder on the part of the developer to write code like this.

Last edited: