How do I remove Tunein Radio?

dramatic

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone almost two years and have never used tunein radio. Then suddenly yesterday it pops up a notification, and as soon as I touch that, trying to swipe-remove it, a station loads and starts playing. This is disastrous for me because mobile data is ridiculously expensive here and I need all of it for work purposes.
So taoday I go to play store and uninstall it. And then get told that it's a system app so all the uninstall has done is remove all updates. Great, now I have a potentially insecure app that I don't want.

How can I remove it, or at the very least block it from using network? (I do have Sophos AV, can that help?)

Richard

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone almost two years and have never used tunein radio. Then suddenly yesterday it pops up a notification, and as soon as I touch that, trying to swipe-remove it, a station loads and starts playing. This is disastrous for me because mobile data is ridiculously expensive here and I need all of it for work purposes.
So taoday I go to play store and uninstall it. And then get told that it's a system app so all the uninstall has done is remove all updates. Great, now I have a potentially insecure app that I don't want.

How can I remove it, or at the very least block it from using network? (I do have Sophos AV, can that help?)

Richard
Go in to settings/Apps and disable it. What phone are you using? I mean you could root it and remove it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Richard

Welcome to the forums.
Here is how you can disable applications. It is geared toward the Galaxy series, but the steps are the same.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
What Golfdriver97 and Chex313 said: Simply go into settings -> apps -> all apps and disable it. I always remove all the upgrades, first, but I don't know as that matters, much.

I actually bought TuneIn Radio Pro when it was on sale, some time ago, but I've since uninstalled it. I don't recall the reason, anymore, but I think it was because it never really shuts off when you exit it. It just keeps running and running, sucking up resources and battery. Since I rarely listen to Internet radio, that seemed a waste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge