S4 will only send MMS messages

searcherrr

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
My sister's S4 (AT&T) will only send me MMS messages and they always arrive as XXXXXXXXXX@mms.att.net despite her just sending a simple less than 160 character text.... even if she just sends me the word "OK" it comes as an MMS data message, instead of SMS regular text and again shows up as it is from XXXXXXXXXX@mms.att.net.

I am on SPRINT with a Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE, and I'm now rooted with CWM and I love it to death. I rebuilt my phone thinking the problem was my phone because I'm on SPRINT and I'm the only contact in her S4 contact list that she has trouble with like this..... OR I'm the only one that notices (which wouldn't surprise me). After erasing her contacts (ALL in ALL ACCOUNTS) on my phone and her phone number and the XXXXXXXXXX@mms.att.net address, clear text messaging cache/data etc... when she sends me a text its still coming over as MMS via XXXXXXXXXX@mms.att.net.

I need someone who knows how the "cellular data network" works in the background here I think. I think her AT&T account is screwed up or something on her phone (perhaps???? does this setting exist???) is set to send me MMS messages regardless.... FULL TIME for anything she sends me.

What this causes is 2 message thread to open up... one with just her 10 digit phone number in it and the other with XXXXXXXXXX@mms.att.net as the phone number/email address that the messages are from.

Can anyone help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781