Internal memory gone

Jacob Tutu

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've only had my tablet for about a week, and its already messing up. I turned it off one night to save battery, and in the morning I turned it on, and I had to re-enter my Google account. I thought that was for verification, but when I went to Storage to check my space, there wasn't any internal storage, now, I only have 8GB, but my tablet says 176MB with 0B left over.
Every time I turn it off, it resets everything.
Why is this?
I use a Hipstreet Flare 2 and my model is 9DB7T.
Please help, I can't download anything and my Google Play Services is out of date!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Play services should update by itself. Can you post a screenshot of the storage stats, please?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The answer is the fact that they partitioned the storage in a screwed up fashion. This is similar to my Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. There is a partition for apps, and one for everything else. So, what has happened is your partition for app storage is full, and the OS is reading it as an error.

If you can, I would uninstall some apps to free up some space. I know you said you have 8 GB, but about 4 of that is for the OS.

Jacob Tutu

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
The answer is the fact that they partitioned the storage in a screwed up fashion. This is similar to my Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. There is a partition for apps, and one for everything else. So, what has happened is your partition for app storage is full, and the OS is reading it as an error.

If you can, I would uninstall some apps to free up some space. I know you said you have 8 GB, but about 4 of that is for the OS.

Uninstall apps, as in, the apps on my SD?
I have zero apps on my tablet storage, but I can try.

Jacob Tutu

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I did as you suggested and now have 77.69MB still with 0B left. Nothing changed after a factory reset, and I even reset the android UI. So, I guess this problem is unfixable, or I'm doing something wrong..

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did as you suggested and now have 77.69MB still with 0B left. Nothing changed after a factory reset, and I even reset the android UI. So, I guess this problem is unfixable, or I'm doing something wrong..

You aren't doing anything wrong. I am not sure what else to suggest.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app