Why does my phone keep restarting?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My mum's phone the Vodafone smart 3 keeps restarting by itself for no reason. It's on 4.1.1 jellybean & won't update any higher as it's a basic phone. Its only a few months old. Any help would be much appreciated as it's her only phone & the only way anyone can contact her. It's restarted about 3-4 times now this week.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps restarting help please.

Check the battery graph the next time it restarts. Go to Settings/General/Battery. Press the graph at the top. You'll get a different graph. If the battery drops to almost 0 just before the phone restarts, she has a bad battery. (That's the most common cause. It's due to the nature of Lithium Ion batteries, and the only thing you can do is replace the battery and condition it [fully charge it before turning the phone on. Then use it until the phone tells you to plug in the charger - don't charge it before that. Repeat the procedure twice more.] Then never let the charge get below 30% [the ideal recharge point is 40% to 60%].)

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

Another question? Does this happen when it's plugged into the power cable to charge or randomly when it's not plugged in? As far as I know, all Smartphones will restart when plugged in if you try and turn it off.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't happen when she's charging it only when she makes a phone call or text or anything else she does. Next time it restarts will check the battery but it doesn't seem to go to 0 quickly.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Nope the battery only goes down one or two percent when it restarts. Still don't no what the problem is? Should I try the battery spin check to see if it's bulging?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670