Why am I running out of storage space so quickly?

Himanshu Shrestha

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Running out of storage space

I have local android phone running on Jellybean 4.2.1 unrooted , My problem is that I have an Internal memory of 16 GB (No external SD card) but even though I have roughly 3 GB of storage space left, When ever i add a few health app or update any app, A notification comes that my 'Storage space is getting low' and "Delete SMS to make space' when I open that notification it shows me that internal storage of only 1 GB. Why is this problem occurring? any solutions?

Dsireme

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Running out of storage space

I am having the same problem. I rooted my galaxy note 10.1 system a couple of days ago and put on 4.3 Pac-man ROM. All I want was to be able to have multiple accounts.

Today I am getting on both my internal and SD card the message that says "storage is running out" I have 348mb on my internal and 14.83gb on my SD card. I have uninstalled apps, deleted pictures, used clean master and used a file manager to look at everything.

I have been searching the internet for hours. This has to be a bug and I am looking for info/fix for it. I don't need people telling me to clear my cache, uninstall thing, etc...:mad: I have done all that and I use to be IT and IS, so I kinda know what I am doing.

If anyone has any clue on what is causing this, I would really appreciate some info. Screaming at the top of my lungs is only hurting my throat. I am going to search the internet more. If I find out something before someone replies, I will post what I found.

Thanks

Dsireme

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same problem. I rooted my galaxy note 10.1 system a couple of days ago and put on 4.3 Pac-man ROM. All I want was to be able to have multiple accounts.

Today I am getting on both my internal and SD card the message that says "storage is running out" I have 348mb on my internal and 14.83gb on my SD card. I have uninstalled apps, deleted pictures, used clean master and used a file manager to look at everything.

I have been searching the internet for hours. This has to be a bug and I am looking for info/fix for it. I don't need people telling me to clear my cache, uninstall thing, etc...:mad: I have done all that and I use to be IT and IS, so I kinda know what I am doing.

If anyone has any clue on what is causing this, I would really appreciate some info. Screaming at the top of my lungs is only hurting my throat. I am going to search the internet more. If I find out something before someone replies, I will post what I found.

Thanks

Ok, the one thing I didn't do was clear the cache in recover mode. Looks like that is the problem. I now have 10.84gb on my internal memory. It's really stupid that I would get an error on my SD Card if my internal memory was low but that must be the bug part.

I am not sure if systems that are not rooted can go into recovery mode because I never had to do that before. I know I didn't see recovery mode when I was on 4.1 and was rooted. In my version I have of 4.3 Pac-man, I pressed the power button, hit reboot and then another menu comes up and there is an option for recovery mode.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings and hopefully this will help someone else. And I am sure my throat will feel better soon.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok, the one thing I didn't do was clear the cache in recover mode. Looks like that is the problem. I now have 10.84gb on my internal memory. It's really stupid that I would get an error on my SD Card if my internal memory was low but that must be the bug part.

I am not sure if systems that are not rooted can go into recovery mode because I never had to do that before. I know I didn't see recovery mode when I was on 4.1 and was rooted. In my version I have of 4.3 Pac-man, I pressed the power button, hit reboot and then another menu comes up and there is an option for recovery mode.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings and hopefully this will help someone else. And I am sure my throat will feel better soon.

Thanks

Custom ROMs often make it easy to reboot into recovery, because you will more often than the average user.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App