Why does the mobile internet on my Galaxy S4 changes from 4g to H+ and H?

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Why does the mobile internet on my Galaxy S4 changes from 4g to h+ and h

Hey

I have recently bought Galaxy S4 GT-19506 and i am new to android. I live in Stockholm, Sweden and i use Tele2 sim. Currently i am on Android 4.3 version.

its my first 4G LTE advanced phone rand i was using Iphone 4s before this.

I have noticed that when im at home, i can see that im using 4g as thats what written upfront. When i start to move towards The city side in metro train, The internet changes from 4g to h+ and also h and then it fluctuates between h and h+ and i dont see any 4g. Can anyone tell me why am i having this problem?

Secondly, as i am using the GT-19506 version of S4 which supports LTE Advanced, so does it mean when i can see 4g on the top of my screen it means im using LTE Advanced at that time? I dont knw the difference between 4g and LTE Advanced. I also read somewhere that If someone is using LTE, he can see the icon of "4G LTE" on the top but i only see 4g icon. If any one can make it clear to me that would be great

Sorry for The noob question.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does the mobile internet on my Galaxy S4 changes from 4g to h+ and h

Welcome to Android Central! The fluctuation of signal means that reception on the train isn't as reliable, which could be because of poorer coverage, or possibly something to do with the train car itself). I can't really speak to the LTE Advanced question, except that it is an enhancement of LTE technology that achieves faster speeds than the original LTE, and according to the Wikipedia page, Sweden was one of the first countries to roll it out in 2009. Maybe you could call the people at Tele2--they might be able to give you more info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon