wifi notification status icon will not highlight to blue even when wifi is connected and working wel

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have, and what version of Android is it running? Are you actually connected and able to access the web? Keep in mind that with KitKat, the wifi icon remains white in the notification bar. If you swipe down the Quick Settings, an orange wifi symbol there means on but not connected to web, while a white symbol means connected. If you have a Samsung device, this might be a little different.

Susan Balog

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there
Thanks for replying
I have an Asus android tablet with 4.2.1
The status icon has been blue when I was connected for the last year and only turned grey when there was a problem with my router rocket hub. I have connection to the internet and am able to send and receive. My other computer is also working well.
I have been in contact with Rogers and all is well on their end..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On Android 4.2, a grey wifi symbol means that it isn't connected to the Google servers. This usually means that there is no web connection at all, but there are times when the web connection is fine but the Google servers are temporarily having problems. In this situation, you can browse the web, but accessing Google services (like the Google Play Store) is not possible. Have you noticed that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma