How can we upgrade Celkon mobile phone with Android 4.2.2 to latest Android 4.4 or Android L?

Kala Nidhi

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How can we upgrade Celkon mobile phone with Android 4.2.2 to latest Android 4.4 or Android L

I have been using Celkon A107+ mobile from 1 year.The mobile phone is being in Android 4.2.2 version and i want to know the ways of upgrading it to the latest Android 4.4 or Android L version.
Can I get to know that how can we upgrade any Android mobile with lower Android version to the latest or some newer Android version.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can we upgrade Celkon mobile phone with Android 4.2.2 to latest Android 4.4 or Android L

Unless you're comfortable with building a ROM, you're at the mercy of the manufacturer and carrier or other ROM developers to build one that's compatible with your device. If the manufacturer and carrier develop an update it will come through as an OTA (Over The Air) update.

At a high level, building a ROM involves the following: adding "drivers" for the chipset and other components to the AOSP code, compiling and testing the ROM. Doing this yourself is VERY risky if you don't know what you're doing, you run a great risk of rendering your phone unusable. You even run that risk if you root your phone and install a ROM developed by someone else.

Something you need to understand about the Android ecosystem is that just because a new version is out does not mean that your device will get it. The only way you can be assured your device will get new versions for 2 years in the future is to buy a Nexus device just after it comes out.