[FIXED] Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

anthony Place

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
i get this on a pretty new phone, seems to be plenty of memory, when i investigate though i find this strangness;

incase its not obvious, the graphic and the text are massively in disagreement?

Screenshot_2014-10-17-01-52-33.png

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have?

skywaltzlabs

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Which phone you are having this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

My friend got the same problem yesterday with his oppo. Storage available 103MB.

Tried deleting cache and playstore data but no luck.

Probably a playstore glitch (hopefully). Let's wait for few days.

Sent from my phone with tapatalk

anthony Place

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

thanks

trouble is i really dont have much of anything to delete! its dominated by the preinstalled google stuff.

the graphic, showing maybe 400mb free seems much more likely than the 89mb in the text, but who knows, its hard to improve something when the thing measuring it is broken.

anthony Place

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

after giving up searching...

i just happened to notice that in the settings the details of the internal stroage had disappeared and a button saying "mount internal storage" had appeared, this hadent been there when i posted before, but on clicking it, i can now install as expected, a 1/4 Gig game went in no problem.

its all a bit flaky if you ask me, as witnessed by the series of confused explanations about storage ive been getting from searches.

and the above odd decrepency is stil there, not holding out hope in ever coming to an answer on that, it looks like a problem just not the same one as being unable to install!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's strange--you shouldn't have to mount Internal Storage. You should only have to mount an external SD card. It makes me think there's something a bit screwy with your phone's firmware. Hopefully it continues to work normally for you!

george Iverieli

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
It has worked on Kitkat so may apply to older versions of Android

a) Settings > Storage > Phone Storage ( or could be Internal storage, wherever Google Play Services is) > apps > Google Play Services > Click Clear cache > (on the same page) Manage space > Clear all data > Manage search storage > clear now > press back button <- twice and you will end up on Google Play Services - App info page > press Force stop

b) Find Google Settings among applications or under Settings > Google settings > click on menu button on the page > Clear app data

c) Launch Google play store > download desired application

Hopefully it works for you as well. Feedback will be appreciated.

jimmy caprio

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
It has worked on Kitkat so may apply to older versions of Android

a) Settings > Storage > Phone Storage ( or could be Internal storage, wherever Google Play Services is) > apps > Google Play Services > Click Clear cache > (on the same page) Manage space > Clear all data > Manage search storage > clear now > press back button <- twice and you will end up on Google Play Services - App info page > press Force stop

b) Find Google Settings among applications or under Settings > Google settings > click on menu button on the page > Clear app data

c) Launch Google play store > download desired application

Hopefully it works for you as well. Feedback will be appreciated.

Worked for me on my android jelly bean too! Thanx so much...

Utkarsh Soni

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I am using micromax canvas 2 colors and facing the same problem, maybe.
I tried these steps but nothing worked.
Can anyone please tell me what should I do?
I have searched a lot but found nothing seemed to work. Please help.

Vijay Kumar31

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I am using micromax p470 and facing the same problem, maybe.
I tried these steps but nothing worked.
Can anyone please tell me what should I do?
I have searched a lot but found nothing seemed to work. Please help.

Kirke Campbell

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks for that.
Cheap, but good THL phone using Android 4.0.4
I tried many things, this has been an ongoing problem for the last few months, but this one worked for me.
It seems Google play was a problem and moved it to the SD card, cleared data and cache from phone storage.
Apps now install much faster, what a treat, I hope it lasts.

Ognyen E

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem on my phone (Sony Xperia C2305; Android 4.2.2) and this is how I solved it:

Step 1) go to Settings > Storage > Total space > Cached data. Click on Cahed data and clear it.
Optional: If you have installed some sort of cleaning application (such as Clean Master) use it to remove all the junk files and residual files.

Step 2) go to Settings > Apps > Google Play services > Uninstall updates. Do it - uninstall updates.

Step 3) go to Google Play Store and install / update all the applications you haven't been able to install / update so far. You'll see a warning message saying that Google Play services need to be installed, however disregard it while installing / updating desired apps through Google Play Store.

Step 4) when you're done with installing / updating desired apps, install again Google Play services. And that should be it!

Hope this will help you.

Cheers!