Why am I unable to download anything from the Play Store after doing a factory reset?

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Factory reset after every boot and nothing will dL from the Play Store

A few days ago our toddler's Dopo EM63 tablet running Android either received an upgrade or something went terribly wrong. It is running 4.1.1

We have had this tablet for nearly a year with no issues what so ever.

The first thing we noticed was that the tablet had reset to factory and each time I attempted to go through all the steps it still would not allow any apps to download. I could see the apps were in the Google Play Store Installed but there is a grey circle with a line through it just above the word Free or Installing in the ALL area of the Play Store. I reach it by clicking the down arrow (downloading) to see a list of the apps I am trying to re-install after the factory reset. It just spins and I never receive a % of download time.

Second big issue is it won't completely power off without my assistance. In other words I hold down the power button, it asks if I want to Power Off, I hit OK, it spins, then stops. I have to hold down the power button for about 15 seconds for it to complete.

Lastly, each time I power off it acts like a factory reset on startup and I have to go through all the setup steps again. Ugh. My router WPA/WPA2 is long!! I almost have the damn thing memorized :)

I have attempted a number of steps to no avail:

Google Play Store Clear Data / Cache / Force Stop
Google Play Services
Framework
Date/Time change then back to correct
Created a new Google Account (which oddly can still see the old apps)
Factory reset which doesn't truly seem like a factory reset since it still shows old apps, etc.

I think we have a paper weight. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Factory reset after every boot and nothing will dL from the Play Store

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the tablet is having some serious hardware or firmware malfunction.

There are a couple of things you could try:

1. Boot into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, press and hold the Power button until you see the Power options. Then press and hold Power Off until you see a Safe Mode prompt. Tap Ok, and hopefully it reboots into Safe Mode. If the problems go away, that means something you installed is causing system instability--but it can be hard to pinpoint which app. You may have to uninstall apps one by one to find the culprit.

2. If you have an SD card installed, unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. A corrupt card can cause various problems.

Good luck!

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

No luck with Safe Mode/app uninstall
Tried:
Data/Cache/Factory Wipe from Bootup Screen
Created Another Google Acct.
Now receiving the following error from Google Play: error retrieving information from server DF-SA-01

I received a reply from Google Tech support that recommended I contact the manufacturer.

Ugh.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ugh. It's always a problem trying to get support from manufacturers of lesser-known devices. Good luck!

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Actually, they have been quick to reply and we are going "through the usual steps" via email. I have read that some folks had luck with flashing firmware but I need to crack it open to make sure of the firmware off the mobo. Otherwise, I am working with a rep from the manufacturer and we shall see how that goes. I may have to send it to them at my expense .... to China. Lesson learned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad to hear they're responsive! That's relatively unusual. I hope the problem gets resolved!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance