How do I stop background processes from running?

awaixjvd

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Android 4.2.1 - Background processes keep running :(

Hi
I need some information regarding Android. I am using Huawei Ascend G610-U20 with Android version 4.2.1
I was using stock ROM and stock theme. No launcher installed and no themes used. When i touch and hold the menu button (one of three main buttons, return-home-menu) i am given the list of applications running in background. I quit the application which i am not using so that it doesn't hog in memory and keep eating the battery. I only keep phone and text in use. Otherwise once i have used the app, i exit it from the background running processes.
Recently i installed Dodol launcher. It is running fine and nothing wrong. Just when i press-hold menu button i see no applications running in background (because i have exited all the apps from background) but when i go to launcher and click "running" apps it shows me a huge list of apps running in background. I click on broom icon to clear them. It does but they again appear after few moments. They keep using the RAM. SOMETIMES my phone become too sluggish when i am typing in Viber or even Text app.

Why is this difference? That i exit the app from menu-hold but in launcher it shows apps running. Can anyone please guide me.
I will be very thankful to you.

Regards
Awais.