Sudden Battery sucking

Natalie Gray

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Android 4.21-4.22 (brandless? tablet)
The other night I was barely using the tablet and received a notice that there was a Google update and I went along with it.
Since then the battery has been sapping as much as 10% per minute and is gone in 3.5 hours today after after charge to 97% in one hour last night, battery healthy report. I was checking the catche. Removed a couple of programs. Google services uses over 1 gb, I disabled it and my tablet continued to drain, the longer I had it on. It became hot after only 2 to 2.5 hours of usage.
I have had the tablet for about a week I guess. The first day I had it it went a whole day without having to charge it, then it went to charging 2 times a day. Today I have only had it on a few hours (it drains continiously while not in use even with screen off).
I turned it off and rebooted into recovery mode (didnt know how to use), restarted and it used 10% of the battery in 1 minute.

Downloaded a few battery checker and system monitor progs. No help, even a battery repair program.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I take it this is a no-name tablet direct from China, correct? It's tough to troubleshoot these devices, since there's no definite user community, and manufacturer support is minimal to nonexistent.

What kind of update was it? Was it an actual system update? This seems unlikely, considering it's a no-name device. Was it an update to an app?

If you're able to get to the Recovery Menu, try selecting Wipe Cache Partition.