I get emails from our boy scout troop with calendar events attached. I import these calendar events in my phone (Samsung Avant running Andriod 4.2.2) so I can keep up with his schedule. I like to save the events to my Gmail calendar book because I have this linked on my wife's phone.

My question is, how do I set the default calendar in my email app so when I save an email event it saves it to my Gmail calendar instead of the phone calendar. I can open the event and change the calendar to the Gmail calendar, but isn't the purpose of these phones to be convenient? Having to do this for every event is not convenient. I have the Gmail calendar set as the default calendar, and when I create events it saves them in my Gmail calendar, but when saving events from email attachments it saves to the phones calendar.

Thanks in advance!!
    11-08-2014 08:18 PM
    On your phone's calendar settings, tell it to only show your Google Calendar, but do not show the phone's internal calendar Doing this plus saving an event directly to Google calendar, the phone should stick with that.

I also like, on the desktop, to go into Google Calendar settings and tell it to automatically add invitations to my calendar. You can place some limits around this.
    11-08-2014 08:39 PM