How to end excessive data usage (OS Android) in wifi?

misskellymojo

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

My specifications:
Alcatal One Touch Idol Mini
Firmware 4.2.2.

Problem:

On Wednesday, Friday and today OS Android Systems have performed background downloads during wifi connection of nealry 1.5 GB (yes, Gigabyte).

The problem is that I am living in staff accomodation with an allowance of 100 MB per day or a total of 1 GB per week. I am far beyond and affraid of beeing cut off. This is not happening in mobile connection, but I cannot switch it over since my mobile contract has 1 GB per MONTH so it is enough for facebook, emails, instagram ect but not for hungry Android.

What I have tried so far:

- go on airplane mode and back on

- go to seetings - data usage - switched on wifi as well and restricted background data for OS Android. (this seems to work however when I am on mobile data) I also unchecked auto sync

- I downloaded the tool "My Data Manager" to track the data and it is definilty only the issue on wifi. Data usage splits the usage up, so what I see as OS Android Service might include Playstore as well.

- I deleted all updates from ALL google apps (i never use them, just playstore to download occasional apps, like 4 per month). I disabled all of them (like books, music ect.)

- in playstore I set the settings to no auto-update of apps and no notifications of updates

- I don´t have a live wallpaper, just one widget on the lock screen displaying the current weather conditions.

I am kind of helpless, is this something which will stop? It did not happen for example on Monday and Tuesday.

Looking forward and appreciate any help - thank you very much!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey