Since I've reset factory settings, why ins't my Android Tablet launching the apps screen?

Optimist3

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've reset factory settings and my android tablet no longer launches the apps screen

I've been getting the message 'Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped', and other error messages including ''application launcher has stopped''. My tablet is a Smartpad v10 running Andoid Jelly Bean android 4.1. I have reluctantly re-set the factory settings using the volume and power switch combination. The tablet no longer seems to complete the 'boot' cycle. Instead it stays on the screen with the Jelly Bean Android picture and no longer takes me to an application screen where I can launch apps or enter the settings menu. Anyone know how I can get past this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I've reset factory settings and my android tablet no longer launches the apps screen

Welcome to Android Central! It might be a hardware or firmware flaw, which is unfortunately not uncommon with these kinds of off-brand devices. Can you try to do another factory reset using the button combination?

Optimist3

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: I've reset factory settings and my android tablet no longer launches the apps screen

I've tried doing the reset a few times but it still doesn't get me anywhere. Any other suggestions please.
Optimist3

Optimist3

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I've tried to reset several times but this hasn't resolved the issue. Any other suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Since your device isn't that common, you'll probably have trouble finding a lot of support in the community. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to try contacting the manufacturer. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca