Is the problem my tablet, my OS, or the apps? (Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T)

TheUltimateApe

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I got a new tablet. It's an Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. It's really awesome and runs really smoothly. I've had it for about 5 days now. I have Andriod 4.2.1 system and it won't update anymore. It's slowly been starting to have issues. It's closing down apps randomly, it started to freeze, and says things like 'processer has stopped' and 'launcher has stopped'. I'm wondering if I have a bad tablet, or if the OS is glitchy, or maybe one of the apps is making it freak out? If it's a bad tablet, I'd want to return it while I had the chance. But if it's just OS problems that need to worked out or something, or I just need to delete an app, that would be something I could work on. Please help! Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I used to have an Asus TF300T that started out great, but gradually became slower and slower until it became pretty much unusable. I think even a factory reset didn't do much. Ordinarily, I'd suggest a cache partition wipe, but this isn't possible with unrooted Transformers.

You could consider a factory reset as well, but ultimately you may want to consider rooting it and installing a custom ROM.

GDaviesO

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I used to have an Asus TF300T that started out great, but gradually became slower and slower until it became pretty much unusable.

Hi B.Diddy! Maybe you can help, I have the Asus TF300T and it's really slow now, I've done a hard reset a couple times and it's the same, is it just a bad tablet, is there any solution? :(

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yeah, that's how it was with mine. I'm not really sure why it slowed down--the same thing happened with my Razr Maxx. I wonder if successive updates of Google Play Services just made things slower on the outdated hardware. I suppose I could've rooted the tablet and installed a custom ROM, but I don't have any rooting experience, and don't really want to spend a lot of time getting familiar with all of the nuances, so I traded it in somewhere for credit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12