ZTE Nubia 5s mini (straight talk) please help please :(

wyteryno

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Just bought a activation kit for the phone and my internet keeps timing out. My Google app seems to work pretty good everything else seems to time out horribly or never load at all. My old straight talk branded phone ( ZTE UNICO) had no internet problems. My unlocked ZTE Nubia 5s Mini's APN settings have been set a few times according to straight talks customer service instructions. Straight talks customer service has been very poor to say the least. I don't know if the APN setting that straight talk gave me is right because every time I reboot the phone I'm am prompted a message that reads: Choose Network Model ( Please set the carrier network to making your phone can use.) By the way I selected the AT&T micro sim card form the BYOP straight talk universal activation kit. straight talk told me that it was correct. Just wondering y my internet wont work hardly at all but on my old phone no problems. straight talk told me it would and should work for zip code 40419. what service should I have for it? would verizion pre paid be any better? Please help me im so lost.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Dial *#*#4636#*#* on the phone. You should get a few choices, one of which is Phone information or Device information. If you press that you should get a long list of things,one of which is Set preferred network type:, with a dropdown under it. Choose "LTE/GSM auto (PRL)", or as close as your phone has to that.

If that doesn't do it, go to Straight Talk Facebook support and ask for their assistance. (The techs there are pretty good.)

wyteryno

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Apn settings straight talk zte nubia 5s mini 4.3

Got a straight talk sim card kit and a unlocked zte nubia 5s mini. From the kit i selected the at&t micro sim compatible with unlocked gsm devices (not sure if i should have used one of other two micro sims or not) there was a verzion cdma sim card and a t-mobile gsm sim card, whats the big difference? Anyway phones been working but jus crappy data coverage some apps connect better than others but over all connection times out alot. My old straight talk branded phone (zte unico) had way better coverage. Why? Is it the device? Or apn settings? Straight talk has gave me a run around about the apn settings? Is there anything i can do? If not would switching carriers help? If so which is best for my zip code 40419? Please somebody help me. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apn settings straight talk zte nubia 5s mini 4.3

Try entering the IMEI of the phone into this Straight Talk site, to see what information they tell you: Carrier Selection. Select "Other Carrier/Don't Know."

wyteryno

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Straight Talk APN Settings ZTE Nubia 5s mini

I'm looking for the APN settings for straight talk BYOP, I have a ZTE Nubia 5s mini with the AT&T sim card in it. My data keeps timing out and MMS doesn't work. Straight talk customer service has gave me the run around for over a week. Please help, I need correct APN settings for that device. Thank you. data