Why is my phone stuck in the shutting-down phase?

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I went to shutdown my phone to do a soft reset, but now it's stuck in the shutdown sequence. I cannot boot the phone. I am absolutely certain it is not bootlloop. Right before I shut off the phone(unsucessfully, of course) I had downloaded and configured Solo Launcher and Go locker. Before I downloaded these the phone would restart perfectly. I need a solution. Also, would letting the battery run down and then recharge it to force a boot work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device? You can force a power off on any Android device by pressing and holding the Power button for about 10-15 seconds--give that a try.

Asking for my lady

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey. My lady has a Razr hd with a similar sounding problem. When the battery runs all the way down, she plugs it in (loose port, etc.) and tries to charge. Problem is, as the phone is charging, it begins to power up, which drains the battery to the point the phone powers down again. Tried turning the phone off manually during the approx. 4 seconds of usage, but it keeps turning back on when charging, which drains the battery to the poiny of power-down. This Groundhog Day-esque loop is frustrating both of us. Any suggestions beyond new phone/battery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might be a problem with the port itself, since you already mention that it's a loose fit. There might not be anything else you can do besides bring it to a repair shop. Perhaps they only have to replace the charge port, which shouldn't be too expensive.

Anudeep Makireddi

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might be a problem with the port itself, since you already mention that it's a loose fit. There might not be anything else you can do besides bring it to a repair shop. Perhaps they only have to replace the charge port, which shouldn't be too expensive.

My moto g3 mobile got struck during power off. I tried several times to switch it off but it got hanged..Then I held the power key for 10 seconds,then my mobile worked...

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy