Why do I get unfortunately,com.android,settings has stopped error after I rooted my phone?

Victor Jirat

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
"unfortunately,com.android,settings has stopped" error after i root my phone

i am using samsung grand 2 duos and im having the "unfortunately,com.android,settings has stopped" error after i root my phone..to be exact,after i root my phone it wont allow me to open setting then i unrooted it back..it still wouldnt allow me to open setting,then i hard reset my phone..after it boot,the "unfortunately setting stopped" pop up appear and it wont allow me to acces my home screen,i keep on pressing ok but it still pop up..i tried to factory reset several times but it keeps on popping out.. can somebody help me?i cant even use my phone now..

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: "unfortunately,com.android,settings has stopped" error after i root my phone

i am using samsung grand 2 duos and im having the "unfortunately,com.android,settings has stopped" error after i root my phone..to be exact,after i root my phone it wont allow me to open setting then i unrooted it back..it still wouldnt allow me to open setting,then i hard reset my phone..after it boot,the "unfortunately setting stopped" pop up appear and it wont allow me to acces my home screen,i keep on pressing ok but it still pop up..i tried to factory reset several times but it keeps on popping out.. can somebody help me?i cant even use my phone now..

Welcome To Android Central!

Try booting in to recovery and clearing your cache partition.