Can I get some help with a lock screen problem?

1Truenixer

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Need help with lock screen problem!

On my android phone 4.3 version on my lock screen normally you have to long press to unlock my phone but now for some reason all I have to do is press it. No long press just press even though it is set to long press and its really bugging me. Anyone know how to fix this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need help with lock screen problem!

On my android phone 4.3 version on my lock screen normally you have to long press to unlock my phone but now for some reason all I have to do is press it. No long press just press even though it is set to long press and its really bugging me. Anyone know how to fix this?
Uncheck that setting then reset it and see if that helps. Also consider a reboot of the device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? What are you long-pressing? I'm accustomed to swipe unlock, PIN, password, or pattern--I've never seen a phone that had a long-press to unlock.

1Truenixer

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Uncheck that setting then reset it and see if that helps. Also consider a reboot of the device.
I already tried that it doesn't work. Only restoring my phone to factory settings seems to fix it, but the problem always resurfaces.

1Truenixer

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? What are you long-pressing? I'm accustomed to swipe unlock, PIN, password, or pattern--I've never seen a phone that had a long-press to unlock.
I have an android z797c version 4.3 and one of the options is to long press on the lock screen to unlock. I changed it to pin because the long press option seems to be messing up and it annoys the crap out of me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you get a system update recently, or is there one available?

I wouldn't use a long-press unlock anyway, because it'd still be relatively easy to unlock it accidentally in your pocket. Use at least a swipe-to-unlock method.

1Truenixer

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Did you get a system update recently, or is there one available?

I wouldn't use a long-press unlock anyway, because it'd still be relatively easy to unlock it accidentally in your pocket. Use at least a swipe-to-unlock method.
I can't update it says data service unavailable and I'm connected to my WiFi network. Also I have no swipe option.

1Truenixer

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Bump

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

In the phone's system settings, is there anywhere you can calibrate a long-press? Look in the Accessibility settings, for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes