My phone uninstalled a bunch of stuff on its own

Nomekop777

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
My Moto E recently uninstalled some random apps, including youtube, chrome, and gallery. I had the "storage running out" notification before, but it's still there even though I have about half my memory left. And since its there, I can't install any more apps, and sinceallery was uninstalled, I cant view any pictures. I am on 4.4.4 and have no back up memory. What happened and how can I fix this? Can i reset my phone to how it was on a certain date?

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My Moto E recently uninstalled some random apps, including youtube, chrome, and gallery. I had the "storage running out" notification before, but it's still there even though I have about half my memory left. And since its there, I can't install any more apps, and sinceallery was uninstalled, I cant view any pictures. What happened and how can I fix this?

Welcome to the forums. That's weird. Those apps come preinstalled and can't be uninstalled, just disabled. I would try this. Power off and restart your phone, go to settings - storage - take a screenshot and post it here so we can have a better idea. As an emergency measure clear cached data in that screen to gain some free space. You should consider removing some apps you don't use and deleting some media files, after saving them in any cloud or physical storage.

Nomekop777

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I cleared the cached data and deleted a few apps, then turned it off and held he power button for 30 seconds. Not sure what it did, but it worked. The apps came back, and I can view pictures now. The "storage almost full" notification isnt a problem, though. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie