App to schedule display off/on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordalo

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Folks;

I've turned an old tablet, running Jelly Bean (end of life, no updates) into a digital picture frame that is set to always on. Downside is, it's on in the middle of the night...and can be very bright. I did install Lux Lite, but wasn't happy with the app, so didn't get the pro version.

Is there an app out there that can turn the screen off and on with a schedule, say, have the screen on from 6AM to 11PM, without putting the device to sleep, so it comes back on the next morning?

I've not tried Tasker on the device yet, before you ask, because from what I've read, it won't do exactly what I'm looking for. I could be wrong, and if I am, please be gentle. ;)

Thanks in advance!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, you destroyed my answer as I was going to suggest Tasker. I have not used it, hopefully someone who has it can chime in with actual capability. Sometimes what you read about an app isn't always accurate.

Second answer would be: put a towel over it :)

petrspaleny

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Folks;

I've turned an old tablet, running Jelly Bean (end of life, no updates) into a digital picture frame that is set to always on. Downside is, it's on in the middle of the night...and can be very bright. I did install Lux Lite, but wasn't happy with the app, so didn't get the pro version.

Is there an app out there that can turn the screen off and on with a schedule, say, have the screen on from 6AM to 11PM, without putting the device to sleep, so it comes back on the next morning?

I've not tried Tasker on the device yet, before you ask, because from what I've read, it won't do exactly what I'm looking for. I could be wrong, and if I am, please be gentle. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Did you find a solution for this? I am looking for exactly the same situation.

petrspaleny

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Nope. Sorry. I've just dimmed the display down so it's not as incredibly bright as it was.

It looks like that this particular solution doesn't exist. Now I am using Fully Kiosk browser app for my wall mounted tablet, it is reliable app for turning screen on when front camera detects movement. There is also possibility to turn screen on and of on schedule but only once, not like week schedule.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Try this on Tasker:

Set a trigger for 6am to turn on display and screen timeout to be x hrs. The screen will then stay on for x hrs or until something happens to turn screen off. Set another trigger for 11pm for screen timeout to change to 5 secs. The screen will turn off 5 secs after 11pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21