Hi all,

When I search from the Google widget on the home screen, the search results come up in the built-in browser (with limited functionality), so I always have to go: (3 bars menu) -> Open in Firefox.

I want to search from the home screen and have the Google results open immediately in Firefox.

I tried the Firefox search widget for the home screen and I was surprised that even that opens the results in the built-in browser. I beleive my default browser is set to Firefox, unless there are multiple places I need to set that?

I'd prefer not to install anything new, but it's been frustrating me for years so I'll take what I can get!

"Browser" doesn't even show as installed under All Apps (I probably uninstalled it.) When I turn go: Google App -> (3 bars Menu) -> Settings -> Accounts & Privacy, and turn off "Open Web Pages in App", then search from the Home Screen Widget, results still come up in the Built In Browser, then I click a search result and I have to click "Tab Saved in Firefox - Open Now" (which appears at the bottom).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.4.2. I've been googling for a solution to this but can't find answers beyond changing default browser, etc, so forgive been if this has already been answered somewhere.

Thanks!
    09-09-2017 07:41 PM