What's the best Firefox version for Jellybean 4.4.2 on an RCA Proscan 7100 with 2 cores?

Benny7440

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Had to Factory reset this tablet because of a forgotten pin. I tried to update important apps and Disabled all that I won't use. It is functioning with a lot of instabilities: launcher not responding, FF closes or stop responding & very slow.

A fraction of the screen is cracked and seldom the keyboard that comes with it works.
Thanks in advanced!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The current version of FF (I don't know why they released it) is very slow. But Nightly is a lot better, even if you don't update it daily. (I'm typing this in Nightly on my desktop.) One of these days they might get the stable version to work properly, or we'll all start using Chrome (ugh).

The fact that it has only 512K RAM doesn't help the situation either. (It's a $35 tablet -new. Why don't you replace it with something more in line with the almost-third decade of the century?)

Back in those days, though, I was running around version 31. (I can upload it to Mega for you to download if you need it. Just quote me in your response if you do (so I'll get emailed).

Benny7440

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying, Rukbat!

The reason for attempting to use this device is to minimize the volume of electronic waste, mainly. The challenge of learning something that allows me to do IT differently is always a plus.

You speak out of a Nightly version of FF, but what version or where to direct the question for the last known working version for my OS. Here I'm suppossing that my Hardware can't work with a more modern OS but I could be wrong at this. Is someone here knows the answers to some of these questions?

Thanks in advanced!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams