When I try to set Call Forwarding, for when I'm busy (Forward When Busy), I keep getting the error message:
    Network or Sim card Error.

In fact, when I go to the Settings screen (Call Settings), I get that same error message; even so, after a couple of minutes the Settings page appears. But I can't actually do any of the settings because I keep getting that error message.

I realize, though, that if/when someone calls me while I'm on another call, they will be sent to VM, so I don't think I need to spend lots of time with this issue; but it would be nice to have that feature working.

Okay, any suggestions will be appreciated. (And this time, I'm fairly sure that I won't figure out the solution in the next few minutes!)
    05-14-2020 01:13 PM
    Call forwarding is taken care of by your carrier, so give them a call about it. It might have to do with how outdated your S4 mini is.
    05-14-2020 01:23 PM
    Was it working before?
    05-14-2020 02:08 PM
    B.Diddy - I'll check with them.

Mustang7757 - No; it's a new phone (I'm the 1st owner of it) and so it hasn't been set to forwarding yet.
    05-14-2020 02:37 PM
    B.Diddy - I'll check with them.

Mustang7757 - No; it's a new phone (I'm the 1st owner of it) and so it hasn't been set to forwarding yet.
    Oh ok, can you clarify what phone you have?
    05-14-2020 02:42 PM
    it's a new phone (I'm the 1st owner of it) and so it hasn't been set to forwarding yet.
    Wait, are we talking about the same S4 mini? If so, you mean it's a new phone to you, right? It'd be extremely unusual to find a mint-condition brand new S4 mini these days, considering how old it is.
    05-14-2020 02:46 PM
    It is a new phone, not just to me, but new, out of the box. Got it from an ebayer, in its original packaging--and as far as I can tell, it really is new, in mint condition.

Oh, yes, it it the same mini phone as from my other post - the Samsung S4 mini I257M.
    05-14-2020 02:50 PM
    Another thing to be aware of is that given how outdated the OS is (KitKat), you will most likely encounter more and more app incompatibilities, since KitKat is no long officially supported.
    05-14-2020 03:41 PM
    It is a new phone, not just to me, but new, out of the box. Got it from an ebayer, in its original packaging--and as far as I can tell, it really is new, in mint condition.

Oh, yes, it it the same mini phone as from my other post - the Samsung S4 mini I257M.
    I understand its in New condition or new out of the box but just not up to date Android version wise and security wise, you will have issues with apps and applications.
    05-14-2020 03:43 PM
    I know, it's old but, for now, it's a good phone for my purposes. If I could find another phone in this small size, I would consider it--assuming it's not $$$$$$ beaucoup bucks. In the meantime, I'll use this new, but old phone. Or, if I could get a tech expert to change out the innards of the phone to the newer version, that would be perfect. This phone, but with current version would be the best of both worlds for me.

Until then, this will do.

Thanks for your information!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-14-2020 04:06 PM
    I know, it's old but, for now, it's a good phone for my purposes. If I could find another phone in this small size, I would consider it--assuming it's not $$$$$$ beaucoup bucks. In the meantime, I'll use this new, but old phone. Or, if I could get a tech expert to change out the innards of the phone to the newer version, that would be perfect. This phone, but with current version would be the best of both worlds for me.

Until then, this will do.

Thanks for your information!
    I don't know about changing internal in the phone , pretty much what you see is what you get.
    Does the sim work otherwise? Or it's giving issues?
    05-14-2020 07:01 PM
    Everything that I've tried so far is working fine; I just get that error message when I try to set up call forwarding when I'm busy. If a fix can't be accomplished, I'm not going to dwell on it. As it stands now, if/when I get a call while I'm on another call, that 2nd call with just go to VM, which is fine.

I appreciate you taking the time; however, if you don't think there's a fairly easy fix, that's fine.
    05-14-2020 10:00 PM
    See if your carrier supports it , call them , if the sim old maybe try another one .
    05-14-2020 10:08 PM
    Sounds good; thanks.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-15-2020 02:47 PM
    Sounds good; thanks.
    Your welcome!
    05-15-2020 07:37 PM