What do you want in Android KitKat?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Either at Google I/o 2013 or in October roughly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Nightime mode would be fantastic, or maybe even a variation on Motorola's smart actions. Anything to keep the damn email light from blinking in the dead of night (without installing a separate app, since we're talking native support here).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

is it supposed to be a big update (like gingerbread to ICS) or minor update (like ICS to jellybean)?

we never know!! Gb to ICS was a big UI upate. it did change lot of under the hood.

I would assume KLP to be a big change coming around may 2013

anon1020562

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I want Google Voice to support the placing and receiving of calls through it, via the free "Google Talk" calling. Okay it wouldn't have to require Key Lime Pie, but it'd be indispensable, and obviate PBXes and Sipdroid.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

The ability to delete stock apps without rooting.

You can get rid of most of them. The only ones I remember not being able to get rid of are the ones deemed important by the carrier

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

alexc9r

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

-Backup/restore home screen and Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.

-Bed time mode. enable/disable notification at a period of time in a day.

-remote wipe/locate(find my phone) and manage device from play.google.com

POST YOUR WISHLIST!!!!!!

These 3 are what I really want and have been looking forward for Google making them built in. You can do the bed time thing with an app called Tasker and you can use Where's my Droid to locate device. But you need to root to backup apps. I would love for these to be built in, so it would be easier.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

I want Google Voice to support the placing and receiving of calls through it, via the free "Google Talk" calling. Okay it wouldn't have to require Key Lime Pie, but it'd be indispensable, and obviate PBXes and Sipdroid.

I just want Google Voice to support MMS...

Sent from my Nexus 4

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Most of all, I want Google to focus on the battery life. I'd rather them take Apple's approach on notifications, pause apps, and only let certain services run in the background than what they're doing now.

I'd also like them to clean up the lockscreen a bit. The way they did widgets seems a bit tacky.

Full backups of wallpapers, ringtones, apps, app data, app placement on homescreen, etc. via the cloud.

Option to initiate voice as soon as you activate Google Now by swiping up from Home button instead of bringing up Google Now cards and having to either say "Google" or taping the microphone button.

Default video chat app like FaceTime but cross platform. Obviously if released on iOS, users would have to install it on their iDevices, but it should come default on Android devices.

Same thing for a messaging app. Get rid of G+ Messenger and Google Talk. Merge into one that integrates with the texting app. And integrate Google Voice too.

That's all I can think of for now.

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

Address the battery issue and a better camera app. They should get rid of the stock wallpaper it sucks. Bulk deletes on gmail.

Michael Rodgers

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I want to walk into my office in the morning to a desk with no laptop or desktop, only a big monitor (cordless except for power) and cordless keyboard and mouse. I want to set my Nexus X on the wireless charging orb and have it automatically take over all these peripherals with a desktop environment.

In other words, I want my phone to be a replacement for everything else. And whenever I go to someone else's office or house, I set my phone on the orb and away we go...

Ok - maybe this is Android 6.0? :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I want to walk into my office in the morning to a desk with no laptop or desktop, only a big monitor (cordless except for power) and cordless keyboard and mouse. I want to set my Nexus X on the wireless charging orb and have it automatically take over all these peripherals with a desktop environment.

In other words, I want my phone to be a replacement for everything else. And whenever I go to someone else's office or house, I set my phone on the orb and away we go...

Ok - maybe this is Android 6.0? :)

Don't know about setting it down to charge and take control automagically, but the rest sounds like a Ubuntu phone, circa late 2013, might be for you. If they can get it to stop lagging...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I'd be happy with just a program that unified all the google chat services with SMS/MMS and allowed for EASY video chat.

I don't ever expect it to happen but a program that would allow me to manage my media from my different google services:

Play - organize music
Gmail - Contacts and calendar
Google+ - For auto-uploaded photos
Youtube - Videos
Drive - to keep your miscellaneous stuff
Carbon - For app data (I know it isn't a google service but they need an equivalent or to let us use our google drive space or something)

Love having all my stuff cloudified with google but not having an easy way to organize all that stuff is annoying as hell.

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

"-Backup/restore home screen and Application data to Google drive and restore to any device."

this. i want to be able to swap to a new Nexus device and have everything - settings, homescreen, preferences, and even my app preferences - all as it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12