What do you want in Android KitKat?

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but I would like to see screen recording added in...

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

...kill Apple for being jackasses (they make a great product but they suck at being human and caring).
That's a pretty big request for an operating system upgrade. :p

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I think its worth posting here
Google Babble Will Be Integrated in Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie
like these two quotes. hope its true
He also said that Google Babble will also be supported by all the Android 2.3 Gingerbread and above terminals.
In order to make Google Babble behave the same on all platforms, the search engine giant will integrate the same window in all their chat services, with the same functionality across all platforms.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Since this is general topic I wanted to post this in the popular forum which is Nexus 4. So, what do you want in KLP?

-Notification settings
Android has the most sophisticated Notification and yet it doesn't have a notification settings? so far just enable/disable Notification??
these are my wish list
Let customize volume level and ringtone based on apps.
Let customize LED based on apps. just like LED flow and move LED settings to notification rather than display.
Let customize vibration based on app.
Set notification to standard/low priority/disable based on apps. right now its just enable/disable.
Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Kill the app when closed"
Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Dont start App automatically"
See Notification from lock screen(PIN,Pattern and Password) and make it an option in settings.

-Lockscreen
authorize apps I choose to be access with out unlocking the phone.

-Project butter 2

-UI consistency
still lot to improve on UI

-Parental control.
improve and add multiuser/parental control to phones

-Backup/restore home screen and Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.

-Bed time mode. enable/disable notification at a period of time in a day.

-release the messaging app in play store just like calendar & sound search. integrate Gtalk/Google voice/Google+ messenger

-remote wipe/locate(find my phone) and manage device from play.google.com

POST YOUR WISHLIST!!!!!!

Great list. I'd like to add:

? Google iMessage competitor. Needs to have a Mac/windows version as well.

? Continue project butter.

? Pull to refresh. Manual refresh is a pita.

? Make the OS better at battery/power managing.

? Speed enhancements throughout the OS.

? Option to set percentage for battery status.

So far I am liking android a lot. Glad I decided to try it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

more info on Google's unified messenger, the imessenger/BBS competitor
According to sources of ours, with Babel, you?ll get a seamless messenger experience across Android, iOS, Chrome, Google+ and Gmail.
Google is selling the service as having these features:

Access the same conversation list from anywhere
A new, conversation-based UI
Advanced group conversations
Ability to send pictures
Improved notifications across devices

Source http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/2...bel-coming-to-android-ios-chrome-g-and-gmail/

whip it good

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

I dub that "Tiger mode".
It's already in Jelly Bean for the Nexus 7. Did they disable it for the Nexus 4?

What I would like to see is an easy way, integrated in the OS, to deny permissions on an app-by-app basis. Why do they need the ability to turn on the camera, make phone calls or access Google wallet without my knowledge?

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

This may sound really simple, but I don't want to wait for the voice recognition to start after saying "Google" I want to just say," Google new movies", Google navigate to, Google listen to...

I also want to turn on hot word detection from anywhere. How often do people really say Google when their phone is in their hands when they don't intent to Google it? It's not as though it is going to launch it self from your pocket while you are watching that new Google intern movie.

I also want to customize Google now home screen. My main gripe about it's that it's blinding white while I drive at night.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

This may sound really simple, but I don't want to wait for the voice recognition to start after saying "Google" I want to just say," Google new movies", Google navigate to, Google listen to...

I also want to turn on hot word detection from anywhere. How often do people really say Google when their phone is in their hands when they don't intent to Google it? It's not as though it is going to launch it self from your pocket while you are watching that new Google intern movie.

I also want to customize Google now home screen. My main gripe about it's that it's blinding white while I drive at night.

lol, I talk about Google a lot when my phone is present, but not talking to my phone...

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

I would like to see lock screen notifications come standard. I know some people don't like lock screen notifications, so maybe just have it as an option.

Thankfully, I have an app that handles my need for lock screen notifications, but I would like to see this feature come standard.

thegadgeteur

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

As others have stated, better battery life as well as that lengthy but well written list above.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

thegadgeteur

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Whoops. Above was relative to the page I was on. Sorry. I fail at the Internet

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2