What do you want in Android KitKat?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
KitKat is a software. Not an actual device.

Posted from the incredible new Nexus 7

Good point, some recent phones have had a soft back. I don't really like the feel of a soft phone, so I want hardware.
And I know its not an actual device yet. The name was just announced, it won't be n actual device for a couple of months.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I think just keep optimizing code. Improve reliability, responsiveness, power conservation. Android seems to get sluggish after many months requiring factory reset. I hear 4.3 fixed some of that continue on that line. Also add multi screen support. Flashy features can be added as separate apps.

Posted via Android Central App

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
-Refresh UI: I too like the look of the Google Now Cards
-Use google voice as default sms/mms app: Something similar to imessage would be great. Having the ability to compose/reply to sms/mms via tablet or pc would be a great benefit and keep everything tightly knit.
-Ability to print to any printer without paying for an app. I want to be able to open in a document in Dropbox and print it to my home printer. Now I have to open the Brother iPrint app, find the document, select my printer, then print. Too many steps when it could be so much easier.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
-Refresh UI: I too like the look of the Google Now Cards
-Use google voice as default sms/mms app: Something similar to imessage would be great. Having the ability to compose/reply to sms/mms via tablet or pc would be a great benefit and keep everything tightly knit.
-Ability to print to any printer without paying for an app. I want to be able to open in a document in Dropbox and print it to my home printer. Now I have to open the Brother iPrint app, find the document, select my printer, then print. Too many steps when it could be so much easier.

Google's cloud print isn't working for you?

XT1060. Through spacetime.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Google's cloud print isn't working for you?

No for whatever reason this printer does not play nice with google. I have never been able to get the printer to connect to my google account. I've tried everything I know how but it just doesn't go through, unfortunately.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I think you can work through a PC connected to any printer Google - Cloud Print

Thanks for the heads up. I believe I got it to work (thanks for the link). Unfortunately I still can't print from Gmail on my phone. I have to save whatever it is I'm printing then go into the Google Print App and find the file to print. When printing right from an app other than the google print app I get the following error "The printer is not working. It may not support your device." But if I save the file like I stated above and go through the Google Print app then it works. Just too many steps to print something.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I believe I got it to work (thanks for the link). Unfortunately I still can't print from Gmail on my phone. I have to save whatever it is I'm printing then go into the Google Print App and find the file to print. When printing right from an app other than the google print app I get the following error "The printer is not working. It may not support your device." But if I save the file like I stated above and go through the Google Print app then it works. Just too many steps to print something.

Yeah it should be a much smoother process, I agree.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
That's a carrier thing, not an os thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Windows Phone is living proof that you're wrong. Carrier Bloatware there could be uninstalled in seconds from RTM. It's so easy that most carriers barely bother putting Bloatware on them at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

CurveDock

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
-Battery Saving Mode,similar to the one on Touchwiz and Sony's skin
-New camera app,I want it to be like the one on the S4.
-Guest Mode,To let people use your phone without violating your privacy.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is living proof that you're wrong. Carrier Bloatware there could be uninstalled in seconds from RTM. It's so easy that most carriers barely bother putting Bloatware on them at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, and their 1% market share really shoes what a hit that's been ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463