What do you want in Android KitKat?

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see some of the the common features in custom ROMs be put in stock Android. Mainly custom toggles. Also would like some features from from Apex/Nova to make it into the stock launcher. Would be interesting to see Google's interpretation of these features. Plus its a way a showing the developer community that their work is appreciated and respected.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I want a grade A camera app. Something along the lines of Samsung, iOS, and HTC. The stock camera app is the number one reason I haven't flashed a Google Play Edition ROM on my HTC One.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I want a grade A camera app. Something along the lines of Samsung, iOS, and HTC. The stock camera app is the number one reason I haven't flashed a Google Play Edition ROM on my HTC One.

To me i would take out the camera for a bigger battery i never use it ive had this phone almost a year and ive taken 15 photos?? Lol but yea it could use some improement

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I want a ui thats not easily messed with by oems the more stock the ui the easier it will be to do updates :)

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Finally a unified messaging app.
Basically G Hangouts with G Voice and SMS integrated.
It's a joke that Google still doesn't have that by now.

Notifications sync across devices. If I clear a notification on one device, I don't want to see it again on another.

Please please allow me to remove unused home screens without installing a third party launcher. This change should take no more than an hour to implement/test.

Side-by-side multitasking support (like Samsung)

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

I want to see them fix everything they broke with 4.2 .1 upgrade. I'd love Bluetooth connectivity to function again. I'd like the ugly alarm clock interface changed back. I'd like the screen lock interface changed back.

It would also be nice to be able to hear on the Galaxy Nexus speaker phone.

Sounds like thats a samsung issue the alarm is most likely a system ui change and not stock

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

-Swiping notification marks email as read.
-groups in contacts so emailing groups is easier
- rotating home screen
- control number on home screen panels

What phone do you have? Some oems have crazy ideas for android i can do all of that with my htc 4+ stock rom and i see it on aosp based roms for years now....

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

- Obviously all the generic stuff everyone else wants: faster, better on battery blah blah.

More specifically:

- Fix up the messaging issue. Messaging, Google Plus messenger, Google Talk has to be combined into one messaging app.

- Ditch the holo theme. It's been nice while it lasted, but it now looks Google has been going with a simple, white card looking system. I personally think it looks more modern and better. I'd like Google to peruse that, as right now, it's a bit of a mish-mash with some sections blue then some apps all new card looking themes.

- The cut/paste system still doesn't work 100%. Long pressing on the screen doesn't always bring up the cut/paste menu and when long pressing on a word, a lot of the time it will just have the single blue pointer rather than the two blue pointers for me to highlight a word.

- For whatever reason when i type i, it's always little case i and not capital i like it should be. More keyboard improvements.

- Can't move items from one folder to another without connecting the phone to a PC. I downloaded photos which i want to move to my camera folder, but they're stuck in the downloads folder until i move it manually in PC.

- Have a slider at the bottom of the app drawer. Having pages and pages of widgets, it's a pain in the *** swiping through so many.

- In Google voice search/Google Now, i want to be able to say "navigate to John's place" and i want the phone to understand that i want to navigate to my friends house so it'll fire up Google Maps navigation. Also i should be able to type my family/friends name in Google Maps and it should show up their addresses as results. As long as their address is in my contact details, it should understand that i want to go to their place.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm some of these are good points but there may be some sort of security concerns as far as the maps/nav is concerned... I could be flat wrong but there's all kinds of controversies over google maps or any maps service mite be political bs but you never know..

jdpj2008

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Side by side multitasking as mentioned earlier, the ability to turn off or ignore messages from a conversation in SMS/MMS. Better touch sensitivity (my nexus four is completely stock right now) in the stock experience.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

in case i havent mentioned this.....multi window, multi window, MULTI WINDOW!!!! this MUST become a new feature with kk. youtube while texting or surfing the web is one of the greatest things to come to a smartphone.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

in case i havent mentioned this.....multi window, multi window, MULTI WINDOW!!!! this MUST become a new feature with kk. youtube while texting or surfing the web is one of the greatest things to come to a smartphone.

It'd be more useful on a tablet buy yeah, it's a must. But it ain't gonna happen in 4.4.... I hope in 5.0

stevegrew2002

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I want an option to not have the persons pic in my texts. I bought this phone for the big screen. I would like to utilize that screen and I'm not 13. I don't have pics of people in my phone. The second is the text message showing on the locked screen. Go back to the 4.2 version. Third and most important is let me have the old Maps back with the zoom buttons and ARROW not that stupid dot and unusable tap tap zoom. I used maps daily before being forced to the new one. now its useless. I used the directions from: POINT ON MAP daily. bring that back.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I want an option to not have the persons pic in my texts. I bought this phone for the big screen. I would like to utilize that screen and I'm not 13. I don't have pics of people in my phone. The second is the text message showing on the locked screen. Go back to the 4.2 version. Third and most important is let me have the old Maps back with the zoom buttons and ARROW not that stupid dot and unusable tap tap zoom. I used maps daily before being forced to the new one. now its useless. I used the directions from: POINT ON MAP daily. bring that back.

A solution to your first problem is just to download a third-party text messaging app. There are quite a few but here are some to get you started:
Textra SMS: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ore/apps/details?id=com.textra&token=XirXYBI5
ChompSMS: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms&token=N15liCiR and Handcent: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.handcent.nextsms&token=09PYsozR

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3