Android KitKat? Wish list!

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Agreed on stock cloud mirroring, a la iOS. It is awesome to be able to wipe, replace, or upgrade and trivially replicate the original in every respect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

anon6136263

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Please make developers use icons of the same size and high resolution as STANDARD. I'm really tired of seeing various sized icons and various resolutions of icons ever since I switched to Android. Some are smaller than others, some are square, some of them of rounded edgers, some are circles. Ridiculous. At least if you're going to allow that, make sure they are all at least the same size and high rez.

And for the love of god, make the "tap to scroll to the top of the screen" a standard feature.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
At this point have SMS and Google Voice baked in would be great. This way something like Go SMS pro would just work and not need a third party app like GV integration to work with Voice. I know we are supposed to have this in Hangouts, that though seems like a badly fading light ATM.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Notification badges that say how many texts/mails/etc.
Texts integrated into hangouts. A universal feature where texts are synced via Chrome and available on all platforms would be hard for competition to overcome.

angry mustache

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Auto on/off setting, native alert/notification profile options. Those are two of the things I miss most from my Blackberry. There are some options to do some of that in the play store, but none that work well enough on my S4.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Some improvements in the notifications drawer. I can't think of what to add but something new would be nice. The drawer hasn't got anything new in a long time. Mini widgets for the drawer? I don't know.
And by the way do you think kit kat will be available for the Nexus 4? Or a Nexus 5 exclusive at launch?

Based on how Google has done things recently, one could guess that the release of the next version of Android (4.4) will coincide with the release of the next Nexus phone and 10" tablet, both due in late fall.

Once that happens, factory images for all other recent Nexus devices should be available almost immediately, which at the very least will include the current Nexus 4, N10 and N7 (with OTAs rolled out a short time later). Some older Nexus devices may be supported as well, but it's hard to speculate past that.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Notification badges that say how many texts/mails/etc.

Yeah, universal message-count badges like in iOS would be great. It is nice that some of the launchers let you do this for selected applications, but it should be baked in to Android so it works for everything.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts integrated into the stock messaging application.
Just more optimizations. I want the one-all do-all applications that work smooth and flawlessly.

Also having the ability to change the notification bar or nav buttons would be amazing.
And I want the new moto X features with active notifications, and "ok google now"

signothetimez

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If anyone on the Google or Android team is listening:

1. SMS/Hangouts integration. I don't see why these are two seperate apps. Merging these two together gives Hangouts a wider possible userbase and also cleans up the cluttered Stock Android OS.

2. Auto-home rotation. It's on the Nexus 7, why not any Nexus phones? Make it mandatory Google.

And on a whole other level...

3. For the love of God, make your own cheap phone network. You have the money, you definitely have the power to gain infrastructure. Screw Verizon and AT&T and Sprint. Bring on G-Mobile!

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
ugequ5er.jpg

anon6136263

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I was surprised that Android didn't have a native text messaging app when I switched over. I didn't realize how much iOS had over Android in even the basic stuff. Bizarre. Hopefully they get a move on with Hangouts and allow me to send pictures and video without over compressing the damn files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae