Android KitKat? Wish list!

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The ability to customize the toggles, add, delete, re-arrange etc. And the same for the status bar. Remove / re-position the clock etc. In other words the basic stuff found in most Custom ROMS.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I would really love a

1. Themable Notification Shade
-just give us more design options.. change the color theme, background, font
2. Stock Launcher Options
Make the stock launcher a little bit more customizable - resize icons like giganticon does - change the theme color away from the cyan blue - maybe more like Nova - have options to save different layouts
3. Better Messaging App
I don't know why, but when you receive multiple text message photos, it shows them as a slide show... but GoSMS does this fine.. integrate Google Hangouts

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Also forbid manufacturers and carriers from including apps that can't be uninstalled. They can load the device up with whatever they like, but these must be apps that are installed and uninstalled exactly as other apps are. No more baking random crap into the OS.

Posted via Android Central App

That's kind of the beauty of Android though, is the freedom for manufacturers to do what they want with it. I used to feel the same though, but some apps that can't be deleted might be necessary for the device to run without crashing or getting weird bugs. Obviously ones like Verizon NFL Football don't matter, but I've found deleting some of my Samsung Apps caused more problems.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been asking this since I first jumped on the Droid X in 2010...

WHY ISN'T THERE A PRIVACY FEATURE when it comes to messages, emails, etc popping up in the notification bar??

I don't like the idea of people using my phone being able to see my text content as it arrives. I thought there'd be some way to change this in STOCK. Don't like any 3rd party message apps.

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been asking this since I first jumped on the Droid X in 2010...

WHY ISN'T THERE A PRIVACY FEATURE when it comes to messages, emails, etc popping up in the notification bar??

I don't like the idea of people using my phone being able to see my text content as it arrives. I thought there'd be some way to change this in STOCK. Don't like any 3rd party message apps.

3rd party apps bro... But yeah there is device administrators? /: lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
There are two things I would like to see in Kit Kat...pardon me if they are already there.
When I had my Blackberry, I was able to silence all alerts except for phone calls. That way if I had an emergency phone call in the morning, I could wake up and answer it without getting woken up all night by emails and texts.
The other thing is...put an "Add..." button under notification sounds too...not just ringtones. I have to load the sounds from zedge if I want to use them for text sounds or email noises, etc. which basically makes all of the sounds I previously had on my memory card completely useless. Correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

I agree with the options to customize color and things without the need to root the phone...I never have any intention of rooting my Android devices.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
This isn't really Kit Kat necessarily but it could come as part of the app updates with Kit Kat, but better integrating mobile calling with Google Voice so I would not need to use Grooveip and could rely on a native solution. Maybe the impending merger with hangouts for mms support too.

I think they should update some of the theme assets, things like settings look a little dated now and icons should match the flatter Google Now style.

More customizable launcher would be nice for my tablets but I would probably stick with Aviate for my phone anyway

The BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT thing though.....please arrive on my S4 GPE in a timely manner (within a month) like the 4.3 update.

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well sometimes third party apps are the only way, and there's no way that something's will ever become stock... Also there is features to not show text in lock screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

oldmantas

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi like many others we were most put out with the removal of mass storage. We have stopped upgrading our phones and tablets because we use this feature regularly. We use android devices for work not just as toys. Please bring back mass storage.