Imagine how thrilled nestle is!

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This is huge publicity, for them! Rumor has it android got all the rights to use kitkat in less than 24 hours!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my thoughts. This makes me want to buy a kitkat which I haven't done in over 4 years.
PS looks like you need to update your signature.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am reminded of the movie ET where Reese's Pieces sales skyrocketed. Funny thing is, Spielberg approached M&M/Mars to use M&Ms, they said no.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for off-topic, but can someone explain to me how to embed an image into my posts on this forum? I used the Insert Image dealio in the post composition window, and it even displayed the image inside the window, but when it published, it just has the "Attachment #####" link and no embedded image.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for off-topic, but can someone explain to me how to embed an image into my posts on this forum? I used the Insert Image dealio in the post composition window, and it even displayed the image inside the window, but when it published, it just has the "Attachment #####" link and no embedded image.

click advanced in the comment box> manage attachments > and attach local image,

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to be a continued pain in the ***, but now that the attachment file name is uploaded by that method, how do I insert it into the post?

EDIT: Never mind. I see that it just gets inserted automatically at the bottom of the post. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• green_tea_kit_kat.jpg
    green_tea_kit_kat.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 134

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
KitKats will be the tech nerd candy of the fall. Haven't had one since I was little but thanks ti Google, I kinda want one now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
KitKats will be the tech nerd candy of the fall. Haven't had one since I was little but thanks ti Google, I kinda want one now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using AC Forums mobile app

Had 2 this morning...lol

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am reminded of the movie ET where Reese's Pieces sales skyrocketed. Funny thing is, Spielberg approached M&M/Mars to use M&Ms, they said no.

This was the birth of product placement as we know it. Before this, some product placement deals had existed, but it was sometimes even customary for the film makers to have to compensate a company for using it's brands in movies, rather than use generic/fake products. Spielberg wanted to use M&Ms but they felt they should get more in return and declined. Hershey's (who happens to distribute Kit Kat in the US, I believe), agreed to allow Amblin Productions use Reese's pieces and also worked out a deal where Hershey's would not pay to be in ET, but they would do $1 million in promotions to tie-in their product to the movie. The deal worked out so well for Hersheys (some estimates say sales tripled) that it paved the way for many of the product placement deals that have occurred since, which generally involve brand makers paying large sums to film makers for the privilege of having their product appear on the big screen.

It is kind of cool that Android and Kit Kat could work out a "symbiotic" tie-in here, which stands to benefit both parties involved without having to cost anyone millions of $.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see a partnership like this. I wonder what the future has in store for Android and potential partners to promote future releases of new OS' or product announcements.

- - - Updated - - -

It's good to see a partnership like this. I wonder what the future has in store for Android and potential partners to promote future releases of new OS' or product announcements.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Snickers!!!! Turtles!!! Raisinettes!!!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.