Mysterious Nexus phone in the KitKat video.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am really interested in seeing what this device turns out to be. The market has a wide selection of good devices right now.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Quad core / 41 mp Nokia nexus?

I could only wish

GS4/iPhone5

I do believe it was said a while back that the upcoming Nexus phone would have an improved camera, though at the moment I can't recall where or by who. If the apparent size of that lens opening is any indication, it should be an improvement over the Nexus 4 at the very least.

I've gone back and added two full-size screenshots to the main post.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, an LG device just cleared the FCC, missing the Verizon LTE band, and with a backplate that has holes that line up quite nicely with the flash and camera lens of the phone in the video. The plot thickens.

Also, first post on AC in quite some time. Felt good. *waves @ AC*

Edit - Oops. I better update my signature. I'm not an advisor anymore. :)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, an LG device just cleared the FCC, missing the Verizon LTE band, and with a backplate that has holes that line up quite nicely with the flash and camera lens of the phone in the video. The plot thickens.

Also, first post on AC in quite some time. Felt good. *waves @ AC*

Edit - Oops. I better update my signature. I'm not an advisor anymore. :)

Awesome. Former Advisors are always welcome! :) Here's a link, for those who want it. New LG-D820 device passes through FCC, could this be the next Nexus device? | Android Central

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I do believe it was said a while back that the upcoming Nexus phone would have an improved camera, though at the moment I can't recall where or by who. If the apparent size of that lens opening is any indication, it should be an improvement over the Nexus 4 at the very least.

I've gone back and added two full-size screenshots to the main post.
Google CEO I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Former Advisors are always welcome! :) Here's a link, for those who want it. New LG-D820 device passes through FCC, could this be the next Nexus device? | Android Central

And someone on these forums told me I was wrong when I said the Nexus 4 will get the S800, I wanna rub it in their face:D

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Update: Further investigation of the FCC documents by the folks over at Engadget and Anandtech have revealed even more information on the device. Multiple references have been found to "MSM8974", which is the Snapdragon 800 processor. The firmware build indicates that the device is named "aosp_hammerhead" (keeping with the fish codename Nexus history) and is running Android 4.4.

Bring it on. I'd love to see Google introduce USB 3.0 support with this Nexus device, seeing as the S800 supports it.