I mean its there but unabled. Maybe enable use of flash, silverlight as well.. i can hope cant i.
    10-03-2013 11:18 AM
    I mean its there but unabled. Maybe enable use of flash, silverlight as well.. i can hope cant i.
    Unfortunately no, Because ultimately the Nexus 4 (hardware) for LTE wasnt apporved by the FCC. Therefore it cannot be enabled legally. (rooting is a different story)
    and I dont think google wants Flash because Google is moving towards all websites to be HTML5 capable. And why but silverlight on the phone.... Microsoft is a very large rival that simply hates google. So I highly doubt microsoft would give google the rights to use it.
    10-03-2013 11:27 AM
    Unfortunately no, Because ultimately the Nexus 4 (hardware) for LTE wasnt apporved by the FCC. Therefore it cannot be enabled legally. (rooting is a different story)
    and I dont think google wants Flash because Google is moving towards all websites to be HTML5 capable. And why but silverlight on the phone.... Microsoft is a very large rival that simply hates google. So I highly doubt microsoft would give google the rights to use it.
    I doubt that. Google already licenses certain tech from Microsoft. I'm certain they could get Silverlight from them as well if they wanted to. However, I don't believe Google's priorities include propping up proprietary formats unless there is absolutely no alternative (Exchange) or where the format is so common that there's no perceived additional harm done (MP3).

Personally, the only time I use the MP3 format is in streaming from Google Play, and that's only because Google mindlessly refuses to let me use FLAC, or at least OGG. Other than that, all of my music is stored as FLAC. I only support artists who e-distribute if they e-distribute in FLAC or OGG.
    10-03-2013 01:51 PM
    I doubt that. Google already licenses certain tech from Microsoft. I'm certain they could get Silverlight from them as well if they wanted to. However, I don't believe Google's priorities include propping up proprietary formats unless there is absolutely no alternative (Exchange) or where the format is so common that there's no perceived additional harm done (MP3).

Personally, the only time I use the MP3 format is in streaming from Google Play, and that's only because Google mindlessly refuses to let me use FLAC, or at least OGG. Other than that, all of my music is stored as FLAC. I only support artists who e-distribute if they e-distribute in FLAC or OGG.
    I guess its based upon opinion because we are not microsoft or google. But to me its a large red flag when microsoft went behind googles back and made there own youtube application without there consent. (to me... this is a big indicator that microsoft is willing to play dirty to hinder there competition) Example: watch just one of there commercials.
    10-03-2013 01:59 PM

The thing is Microsoft abandoned silverlight and is moving to HTML5. Silverlight 5 would be the last version(except some bug fixes until the support ends in few years)
    10-03-2013 06:04 PM