The stock camera app currently on the Nexus 4 blows. Press anywhere on the screen to bring up the ring of menu? Yeah.....totally non-intuitive and sucks major balls. Press anywhere on the screen should be restricted to 'tap to focus' or something similar. The menus/settings should be off to one of the sides. I hope KitKat fixes this embarrassment of a UI design and kills the 'circle menu' for good.
    10-11-2013 10:54 PM
    4.3 changed to arcs, not rings. Still not ideal, but easier to navigate. Plus, stock 4.3 camera DOES have tap to focus, the menus are brought up by press-and-hold.

If you don't like it, there are TONS of camera apps available in the Play store. Plus if you dig around on XDA Developers I'm sure there are lots of goodies there too. Focal (the camera from CM) seems like it's got tons of potential. Its pretty early in its development (Still beta I believe) so its pretty buggy, but like I said it's beta and has TONS of potential.

By the way, I'm not saying the Nexus camera app is amazingly awesome. It's very minimalistic and simple, no extras or add-ons to clutter it up. BUT to me that's a drawback. I think a better interface with a few more features would go a long way. Tweaking the UI wouldn't hurt but it's not that bad
    10-11-2013 11:20 PM
    I actually found the arcs greater than the other way of tapping through cluttered menus. Though it probably will get a slight redesign with 4.4.
    10-12-2013 12:30 AM
    The stock camera app currently on the Nexus 4 blows. Press anywhere on the screen to bring up the ring of menu? Yeah.....totally non-intuitive and sucks major balls. Press anywhere on the screen should be restricted to 'tap to focus' or something similar. The menus/settings should be off to one of the sides. I hope KitKat fixes this embarrassment of a UI design and kills the 'circle menu' for good.
    "Press anywhere on the screen to bring up the ARC (Not Ring) of menu" is considered innovative and the best idea ever by everyone all over the world.

you might be just the only exception
    10-12-2013 12:05 PM
    "Press anywhere on the screen to bring up the ARC (Not Ring) of menu" is considered innovative and the best idea ever by everyone all over the world.

you might be just the only exception
    There are tons of people on many forums complaining about the unintuitive ARC menu in the Camera app. Just because you think it is the best idea doesn't make it the best idea for 'everyone all over the world'.
    10-12-2013 02:31 PM
    There are tons of people on many forums complaining about the unintuitive ARC menu in the Camera app. Just because you think it is the best idea doesn't make it the best idea for 'everyone all over the world'.
    well, I didn't say its the best since i think it's the best!!!! just like what you I said many think its the best including me

So I can say the same to you, Just because you think it is the worst idea doesn't make it the worst idea for 'everyone all over the world'.
    10-14-2013 11:22 AM
    That's not what he said, he said if you don't like it use something else. I happen to like it as well, and no changes desired on my part. YMMV.
    10-15-2013 08:00 PM