Will Kit Kat be coming to Galaxy Note or S series?

jmleese

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
S3 for Tmobile will get it at some point- note 3 and s4 will get updated first, supposedly by the end of the year. s3 is supposed to get 4.3 update right around Thanksgiving weekend, but should get 4.4.x most likely sometime in January. As for the other S3s for each service provider, that is totally up to their own personal decision. Sprint will almost certainly update it- and could very well be the 1st of the big 4 to do so for the S3- followed by Tmobile, which already has said it will continue and update the s3. The unlocked / international version of it will get it straight from Samsung way before any carrier specific model does by probably 4-6 weeks. As for Verizon and At&t- I'd say it's 50/50- only because if they don't support the update for this release, they will almost certainly have an update for say 4.5 or 4.x that will probably be out early spring, and could be the final release version they will update the s3 to for good.
I'm sure Google will be releasing a minor update to 4.4 simply because there will be feedback from manufacturers and carriers to patch up any issues with devices being updated. Some of that should already be in the works as the manufacturers should have been testing it for a while by now, and soon the carriers will get the skinned update versions to test and go through for the approval process AND then FINALLY the update should start hitting our phones.

I'm more curious about what all there will be with the 4.4 update as after reading more and more about the update there is a lot of stuff that are features and changes that are exclusive to the Nexus 5, and will not be part of the general android 4.4 release update. When you run down the list of all the stuff that's part of 4.4 and then cross off everything that will be only incorporated exclusively for the Nexus 5, the update really doesn't seem that substantial. I don't mean that as a knock, just that they were smart to call the update from 4.3 to just 4.4.
Now, I'm even more curious what they have planned for 5.0, as it should be a pretty monumental update with some major changes and enhancements!

~ sent from a tin can attached to a string ~

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried the KitKat launcher on my Note 3, and it was OK. The home screen does not have infinite scrolling, and you have to add the apps and widgets two different ways. The phone dialer from the videos I’ve seen looks nice though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie