Does 4.4 allow unlinking notification volumes?

DirtyHarree

May 11, 2011
Visit site
One of the worst updates starting with ICS - the inability to adjust notification volume independently of the ringer volume.

Has this been rectified in Kit Kat? (I won't hold my breath, but I sure hope so).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

cmac57

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Use xposed framework . There is a module just for that.

Sent from Area51 Customized SCH-S738C ( Centura) with Tapatalk Pro

DirtyHarree

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't mess with my phone (i.e. custom ROMs) and this sounds like what you're talking about. How about for a non-geek? Did Google fix this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

cmac57

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if they fixed it. Framework is used to customize or fix without roms etc.

irontoby

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
One of the worst updates starting with ICS - the inability to adjust notification volume independently of the ringer volume.

Has this been rectified in Kit Kat? (I won't hold my breath, but I sure hope so).

No, unless there's some new setting buried somewhere, "Ringtone & Notifications" is still just one setting :p

Xader

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I kind of figured. Why have a useful setting like that included in your OS? Ha

One of those things sorely missed from BlackBerry. I was pretty surprised to find out that it wasn't an option in Android (wasn't surprised about its absence from iOS)

DirtyHarree

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The crummy thing is, that WAS a supported feature prior to Ice Cream Sandwich. Why take a useful setting away?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
No, but you can use LightFlow to unlink them, and no root required.

Use xposed framework . There is a module just for that.

It's not compatible yet because the developer doesn't have a phone that run kitkat, but there are some donations toward it. is now

Last edited:

right to carry

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Push the volume rocker up or down, then press the settings icon on the right and the attached screen comes upScreenshot_2013-11-14-13-33-56.jpg giving you the ability to separate one volume from another. I have HTC One running 4.4. I don't know whether that function is specific to my HTC One or if it applies to the Android OS...

Last edited:

dirklaan

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes! Thanks. Smart Sound Profiles works great on my unrooted Nexus 5. I have low volume notification sounds while the ringer can be loud (or even with increasing volume).
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2