Kit Kat realease....WHERE to find good info on release

Jeff Hall3

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and I am anxious on when I can update to it. Where can I find good info on it?
Also, can you test out BETA on upcoming releases?

Thanks in advance

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and I am anxious on when I can update to it. Where can I find good info on it?
Also, can you test out BETA on upcoming releases?

Thanks in advance

Wanna try a Beta on it? Buy a Nexus 5.

Jeff Hall3

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
No thanks, I just got the Note III. But any info on when it will be released?
I used to be a developer for Apple and I could BETA test the software, it was great! Cant do that with Droids?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No thanks, I just got the Note III. But any info on when it will be released?
I used to be a developer for Apple and I could BETA test the software, it was great! Cant do that with Droids?

I don't think Samsung hasn't made any official announcements on if and when the Note 3 would be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat. That said - KitKat on a Note 3 would probably be significantly different than KitKat on the Nexus 5.

Android and Google don't work like Apple. If you want to try KitKat, you're going to have to wait for a ROM developer to develop a ROM for your Note 3 or just buy a Nexus 5 (or Nexus 4, Nexus 7, or a Google Play edition device).

Note: DROIDs are Verizon exclusives. Your Note 3 is not a DROID.

Jeff Hall3

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I am new to this side, I have been with Apple since the iPhone 3G. I had the S4 before and now the Note 3. Thanks again

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Nexus phones are the ones that get updated promptly. For the rest it depends very much on oems and networks. HTC said its One phone would have 4.4 within 90 days in the US. On the other hand an older phone like the GS3 is just starting to receive 4.3. So it's really a mixed bag for non-nexus owners, but you shouldn't hold your breath.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Samsung hasn't made any official announcements on if and when the Note 3 would be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat. That said - KitKat on a Note 3 would probably be significantly different than KitKat on the Nexus 5.

Android and Google don't work like Apple. If you want to try KitKat, you're going to have to wait for a ROM developer to develop a ROM for your Note 3 or just buy a Nexus 5 (or Nexus 4, Nexus 7, or a Google Play edition device).

Note: DROIDs are Verizon exclusives. Your Note 3 is not a DROID.

Or a Nexus 10. It exist too!! D: Or did 10 inch tablets just die out for the smaller 7 inch factor?

Yeah, Samsung will take 4.4, and pretty much destroy it. Your going to get the Note 3 as is, but with immersion mode, and I can't think anything else thats going to make it through. Samsung usually does stuff their own way so the dialer might not even get the fuctionality (which would be stupid so it might, just samsungy.) And all the 512 or ram optimizations are probably not going to matter with Touchwiz (bloatware).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084