01-21-2014 03:06 AM
36 12
tools
    I hate the way the iphone looks with each page being cluttered up with apps.

I really enjoyed the Samsuck phones and the ability to have a blank home screen to enjoy your wallpaper.

I hate how Stock android doesn't let you insert a blank page now. I also hate how I can't remove the google bar from the top of the page.

I tried a few launchers, but the stock launcher has the icons floating free, Go Launcher has each icon (bottom bar) sitting on a plate.
    11-06-2013 08:31 PM

I really enjoyed the Samsuck phones and the ability to have a blank home screen to enjoy your wallpaper.

I hate how Stock android doesn't let you insert a blank page now. I also hate how I can't remove the google bar from the top of the page.

I tried a few launchers, but the stock launcher has the icons floating free, Go Launcher has each icon (bottom bar) sitting on a plate.
    Does the 4.4 launcher let you edit an icon (hold down and select an icon)? If you can, maybe try adding an icon to a page, and then editing it with a blank.png?
    11-06-2013 08:41 PM
    I hate how Stock android doesn't let you insert a blank page now.
    Sure it does. If you have no icons or widgets on the primary home screen whatsoever, you see just the wallpaper. Okay, I know that's what you're looking for, but I just felt like being a smarty-pants.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-06-2013 09:16 PM
    Sure it does. If you have no icons or widgets on the primary home screen whatsoever, you see just the wallpaper. Okay, I know that's what you're looking for, but I just felt like being a smarty-pants.

Nope. In 4.4, if you remove all the icons, the page disappears
    11-06-2013 09:33 PM
    Nope. In 4.4, if you remove all the icons, the page disappears
    Really? So what are you left with if you have no icons whatsoever, even in the first home screen? I'm not talking about additional pages, but the last one left after all the other home screens disappear.

11-06-2013 10:13 PM

My gripe? Fanboys that come on ANDROID CENTRAL and run there mouth about android products (as I blend an apple, cause crapplesauce is good for two things, young kids and old people). Every newer ssung phone I have toyed with will let you remove app shortcuts and widgets from any individual page. Or, you can stick with crapple and have 18 million shortcuts in 700 folders on 8 pages (mathematician I am not).

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
    SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    KarenCVT likes this.
    11-06-2013 10:22 PM
    In 4.4, when you remove the icons, the page just disappears.

- - - Updated - - -

My gripe? Fanboys that come on ANDROID CENTRAL and run there mouth about android products (as I blend an apple, cause crapplesauce is good for two things, young kids and old people). Every newer ssung phone I have toyed with will let you remove app shortcuts and widgets from any individual page. Or, you can stick with crapple and have 18 million shortcuts in 700 folders on 8 pages (mathematician I am not).

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    What are you going on about?
    11-07-2013 05:10 AM
    Just put a small widget e.g fing weather or a contact photo.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    11-07-2013 05:54 AM
    no need for this nor more

Anyways on topic, i agree, im not a fan of the "no icon no page" myself but im getting used to it
    Pollster, Choorp and CR6 like this.
    11-07-2013 10:07 AM

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    Seriously? Read the post that you quoted. Or am I just feeding a troll??

11-07-2013 03:13 PM
    Seriously? Read the post that you quoted. Or am I just feeding a troll??

LOL!! I have no idea what he is trying to say. Is he saying I am an Androuid fanboy, or is he saying I am an iZombie? Then his weird line about crapple sauce? He then speaks about samsung phones (I think), and then finishes it talking about crapple and a lot of shortcuts and pages.

I have no idea what his point is, or what he is trying to say.
    Jonneh likes this.
    11-07-2013 03:19 PM
    Download uccw from the play store and make a transparent widget. Works perfectly. All I did was add a clock and changed the background and clock alpha to 0%, which makes it transparent. Save it and add a uccw widget to a new screen and select the widget you made. I just named mine transparent.

Edit: in fact, you don't even have to add anything to the widget. Just hit edit objects and select background and change its alpha.

11-07-2013 07:09 PM
    Wait so it has basically Spotlight circa iOS 6 and deletes pages with no icons like... iOS?

Does it force the default home page to be the second page as well?

These are serious questions.

I wonder how OEM will customize that launcher...

Edit: I just looked on YouTube. Are you sure there is no setting to remove the persistent search bar. It's at the top of the screen so basically useless as most devices are too big to reach that for a ton of people anyways, and the device has voice activated search.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-08-2013 12:12 AM
    Wait so it has basically Spotlight circa iOS 6 and deletes pages with no icons like... iOS?

Does it force the default home page to be the second page as well?

These are serious questions.

I wonder how OEM will customize that launcher...

Edit: I just looked on YouTube. Are you sure there is no setting to remove the persistent search bar. It's at the top of the screen so basically useless as most devices are too big to reach that for a ton of people anyways, and the device has voice activated search.

The homepage is forced as the very first page to the left. Kind of annoying. I like having my home page the center page. Also looks best for wallpapers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-08-2013 12:30 AM
    The homepage is forced as the very first page to the left. Kind of annoying. I like having my home page the center page. Also looks best for wallpapers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Same I set it to the center and sort of have a method for how I organize things. I don't tend to use folders. They aren't well implemented with the way you can pop a keyboard up if you mistap the title on most launchers (should be a long press to edit title).

11-08-2013 12:32 AM
    Are you mentally challenged? you come right into the middle of a decent discussion and type out some diatribe about nothing, you make no sense whatsoever, its like reading the text from a babbling 5 year old, ...... again...... put the crack pipe down son, not only does it make you look very stupid.... but it will ruin your teeth to

Oh and to the fact that "My mother should have swallowed"..... Yours should have carried pepper spray
    Deleted.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    11-08-2013 09:09 AM
    Guys this is plain Jane vanilla android. You aren't gonna get any of the features that the other guys add. If you really want more, root and unlock your bootloader. It'll pretty much allow you to do anything that you are saying. And with a nexus, it's not hard.

11-08-2013 09:36 AM
    Guys this is plain Jane vanilla android. You aren't gonna get any of the features that the other guys add. If you really want more, root and unlock your bootloader. It'll pretty much allow you to do anything that you are saying. And with a nexus, it's not hard.

You`re absolutely right +1
    11-08-2013 09:43 AM
    edited by moderator
    It doesn't matter what he said, the mods shouldn't be allowing comments like that if this is a family friendly forum.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-08-2013 09:57 AM
    Wow :rolleyes:
    (Making some popcorn and drinking a Snapple)

tap'n
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    11-08-2013 10:01 AM
    Wow :rolleyes:
    (Making some popcorn and drinking a Snapple)

tap'n
    Snapple is fire. Big ups for the twist top with a pop.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    11-08-2013 10:09 AM
    It doesn't matter what he said, the mods shouldn't be allowing comments like that if this is a family friendly forum.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    See that's where your wrong jack. It matters exactly what he said. I will not be bullied slandered or made to feel less than when using this forum. Goes for you broken english or any mod for that matter.

SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    11-08-2013 10:11 AM
    no need for this one no more neither
    11-08-2013 10:55 AM
    I installed Nova Launcher. It looks great.
    11-08-2013 03:06 PM
    Nova Launcher is bad *** no doubt
    11-08-2013 10:10 PM
36 12