Can we please get a native file manager already?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I kinda agree it'd be nice, but it also somewhat makes sense to go to the music app to view music, gallery for photos and videos, books for pdfs, etc. Quickoffice seems to have one built in it and it's clearly organized when you view it via another machine, so it seems like it might just be an interface that requires system access to view the structure.

propeller10

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I kinda agree it'd be nice, but it also somewhat makes sense to go to the music app to view music, gallery for photos and videos, books for pdfs, etc. Quickoffice seems to have one built in it and it's clearly organized when you view it via another machine, so it seems like it might just be an interface that requires system access to view the structure.

The ability to view all user created files in one place would be the main advantage. Also it makes sharing, deleting and viewing properties for files much easier for all files using a consistent UI instead of opening different app for each type of file. Some apps lack good file managing features so a native file manager could come in handy.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There is a custom rom app called DocumentsUI made by BeanStalk rom. It utilize the KitKat file storage UI, you can go in settings and list advance devices to display internal storage and sdcard.

You don't have to install the rom, just download the rom and extract the DocumentsUI.apk from /system/app/. Go to Goo.im free android file hosting and search for "beanstalk".

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
negy2azu.jpg
Try Es File Explorer. Best one I have found for organizing and transferring files.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=t0KzBPRb

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk