Just a basic file manager that let you access user created files. (photos /voice recordings /pdfs /videos)

Blackberry 10 comes with a native file manager that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/TJkt6So.jpg

I would love a similar native file manager on android OS.
    11-09-2013 08:50 PM
    I kinda agree it'd be nice, but it also somewhat makes sense to go to the music app to view music, gallery for photos and videos, books for pdfs, etc. Quickoffice seems to have one built in it and it's clearly organized when you view it via another machine, so it seems like it might just be an interface that requires system access to view the structure.
    11-09-2013 09:06 PM
    I kinda agree it'd be nice, but it also somewhat makes sense to go to the music app to view music, gallery for photos and videos, books for pdfs, etc. Quickoffice seems to have one built in it and it's clearly organized when you view it via another machine, so it seems like it might just be an interface that requires system access to view the structure.
    The ability to view all user created files in one place would be the main advantage. Also it makes sharing, deleting and viewing properties for files much easier for all files using a consistent UI instead of opening different app for each type of file. Some apps lack good file managing features so a native file manager could come in handy.
    11-09-2013 09:23 PM
    Your wish has already been granted, it's called the storage access framework in Android 4.4 KitKat
    11-10-2013 01:04 AM
    There is a custom rom app called DocumentsUI made by BeanStalk rom. It utilize the KitKat file storage UI, you can go in settings and list advance devices to display internal storage and sdcard.

You don't have to install the rom, just download the rom and extract the DocumentsUI.apk from /system/app/. Go to Goo.im free android file hosting and search for "beanstalk".
    01-13-2014 07:33 PM
    Try Es File Explorer. Best one I have found for organizing and transferring files.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-21-2014 12:39 AM
    I second ES File Explorer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop
    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    01-21-2014 02:04 AM