ajpri

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Rooting refers to gaining administer access to the device. You can do things like remove preinstslled apps, tethering, remove carrier restrictions, over clock (speed up), and more.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Android 4.2.2)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice! So how does one achieve this feat of awesomeness?

Posted via Android Central App
Welcome to the forums!

Here is a quick Q&A Jerry posted on the blog a few years back: Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central

Although its from 2010 (with updates), it's still relevant and will give you a quick understanding of what Root is. Rooting a device is different for most devices. What device do you have?

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Rooting refers to gaining administer access to the device. You can do things like remove preinstslled apps, tethering, remove carrier restrictions, over clock (speed up), and more.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Android 4.2.2)
Another thing achieved by root is the ability of adding a Custom Recovery to your device. Eventually leading to maybe a custom ROM? Personally, flashing ROM's is my favorite feature of Root access.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Sir, you are really not ready to even consider rooting your phone.

Go do your basic research, at least understand the basic terms we use here, then we can answer your specific questions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Agreed that you want to do a lot of reading and thinking before rooting your device. Also, since there is a chance of really messing things up, you should obtain a cheap used Android device and practice on that before you start messing with your new device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Sir, you are really not ready to even consider rooting your phone.

Go do your basic research, at least understand the basic terms we use here, then we can answer your specific questions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
Agreed. Once you learn a bit more about rooting, along with the risks you're taking when diving into it, is when you actually should root. Until then, I'm sure no one would mind answering your questions.

Mark Mahffey

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I followed the link posted earlier in this thread to root My razor m. As I read through all the steps, I noticed a very small warning saying this only works on XT907 running 98.18.1
Mine is running 98.30.1
Anyone have a link for this version?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc