I'm not sure if I got kitkat but I did do the system update and since then I can't play any video. Tumblr videos in app and browser, YouTube videos in app and browser and other off site videos as well. Is there any way to fix this?
    11-12-2013 08:02 AM
    You did not get Kit Kat, you got a version of Jelly Bean. Try a factory reset.
    11-12-2013 08:34 AM
    I'm not sure if I got kitkat but I did do the system update and since then I can't play any video. Tumblr videos in app and browser, YouTube videos in app and browser and other off site videos as well. Is there any way to fix this?
    Welcome to the forums!

As mentioned in the post above, you did not get updated to KitKat. You are still on a version of JellyBean and the update could have created an issue with playing videos from the browser as you are experiencing. Before you factory reset, try clearing the application cache from System Settings > Applications > Browser. Alternatively, try the following:
    • Download apps from the Play Store for those services.
    • Download another browser and see if that helps.

If none of the above work for your situation, then factory reset. Note that this will erase all your user data, so make a backup of your texts, sync contacts and save anything else you feel is important. That should fix the problem.

Let us know if you have further questions.
    11-12-2013 09:56 AM
    I suggested the factory reset because the poster said this is happening in both the browser and the apps. Sounds more to me like a system file got corrupted.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    11-12-2013 11:21 AM
    Hey, everybody. I know this thread seems dead, but I want to post my fix here. This was one of the first google results when I looked for answers, and I'm hoping what helped me will help somebody else who stumbles across this.

I manually installed the most recent version of Adobe Flash on my phone, and that resolved all of my video playing problems. I don't know if it fixed the underlying issue (i.e., if the real problem was with HTML5 and this fix just lets me use Flash instead, where applicable), but the videos play--so I ain't complainin'. Anyway, this link should walk you through the process (and helpfully has a direct link to the most recent Flash apk). How to Install Adobe Flash Player on a Samsung Galaxy S4 to Watch Amazon Instant Videos & More Samsung GS4 softModder
    01-12-2014 03:46 PM
    Cool, good to see you fixed the problem. Thanks for coming back to post your fix, it should come in handy for others running into the same problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-13-2014 07:58 AM