I rarely get ISC calendar invites to my gmail, but got some this morning. They show up as an invite.isc attachment.

If I click on the attachment in 4.4 (on a Nexus 5), I get an "Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped" error.

If I click on the attachment in 4.3 (on a Nexus 4), it just displays the raw content of the invite.

I've read that gmail now supposedly processes ISC invites. What should be happening on 4.4?

thanks,
    11-20-2013 04:33 PM
    I rarely get ISC calendar invites to my gmail, but got some this morning. They show up as an invite.isc attachment.

If I click on the attachment in 4.4 (on a Nexus 5), I get an "Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped" error.

If I click on the attachment in 4.3 (on a Nexus 4), it just displays the raw content of the invite.

I've read that gmail now supposedly processes ISC invites. What should be happening on 4.4?

thanks,
    Still doesn't work, you need a third party app like ICS Data Bridge to process calendar invites.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-20-2013 06:26 PM
    Still doesn't work, you need a third party app like ICS Data Bridge to process calendar invites.
    Ok, I get that I need a third part app to fully process calendar invites. But should the Gmail app really shut down like that?
    11-20-2013 11:55 PM
    No, you should get the message "No app can open this attachment for viewing." I don't know why they haven't resolved this yet in the app. It works fine on the website.
    11-21-2013 09:54 AM